HOW TO: 2nd gen Expy 6" F150 lift conversion (37"tires)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JulianOltean

JulianOltean

Reaction score
I think you are on to something but if it were me I wouldn't cut my frame off at all I would remove the exciting brakets for the diff and suspension arms off my truck so it's a clean frame portion at the rear . Find the drop you need to get your 6" lift or how ever big and notch this peice into your frame at the new height , a plasma cutter would be ideal in this situation. But this way you wouldn't lose as much frame support I would imagine it would only make it harder to align strait also , you could reinforce your frame and technically your just adding onto the truck , would probably need the body off the truck I would imagine

splne1

Reaction score
Wouldnt 3rd gens need say an 09 up front lift kit? The bulletproof kit is what your talking about and I think it was the rear shafts that were snapping if I am correct. They had there F150 front 12" kit up front on coilovers. That thing looked sick but too bad we havent had anymore research or anyone wanting to make a kit for 3rd gens. I have been pondering just swapping a complete f150 rear axle in rear and adding an 09 up 8" kit? just dont want to run into a problem and it sideline me for a bit.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank u brother for doing this and creating a thread on it.
I see these questions asked alot and now I can point them to something that will help others..
Me personally would like to do the front swap but I would have to modify the rear also to level it out with front..
Thanks again

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JulianOltean

JulianOltean

Reaction score
Thank u brother for doing this and creating a thread on it.
I see these questions asked alot and now I can point them to something that will help others..
Me personally would like to do the front swap but I would have to modify the rear also to level it out with front..
Thanks again

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I thought it was about time someone lifted em up, I recently body lifted it to fix it a bit