How to Confirm Air Suspension on a 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I picked up a used Certified 2015 Limited EL on Friday night for the wife. I was told it had the load leveling suspension. So far, I don't think it does. I looked for the leveling link attached the rear lower arm, and I swear it isn't there. Anybody got a picture from the rear of the lower arm that has it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mreed112

Reaction score
2014 and beyond use Nivomat style rear shocks for the load leveling function. There is no air suspension. The Nivomat rear load leveling system is standard on the Navigator and optional on Expedition. The function of the system is described on page 236 of your Owners Manual.

The rear shocks may look slightly different than the standard but I doubt if you would notice underneath the vehicle. Best way to tell is from the window sticker or plug your VIN into the FORD ETIS system for a build list.

I have the load leveling system on my 2015 KR and it works great.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2014 and beyond use Nivomat style rear shocks for the load leveling function. There is no air suspension. The Nivomat rear load leveling system is standard on the Navigator and optional on Expedition. The function of the system is described on page 236 of your Owners Manual.

The rear shocks may look slightly different than the standard but I doubt if you would notice underneath the vehicle. Best way to tell is from the window sticker or plug your VIN into the FORD ETIS system for a build list.

I have the load leveling system on my 2015 KR and it works great.

How do I access the ETIS System? No Sticker, as it was used. I read about the Nivomat after I made the post, supposedly they are fatter than the standard.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can the Nivomat shocks be bought and installed on an Expedition that did not come with them from the factory? I have 2015 Limited that did not come with them LL rear suspension but I tow a boat a lot in the summer time and would love to not have a saggy ass.

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2003 EB and a 2016 Expy. Neither has air suspension. My 6000 lb boat drops both Expy's one inch at the rear. No towing issues.
brick

Bigbadbull

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can the Nivomat shocks be bought and installed on an Expedition that did not come with them from the factory? I have 2015 Limited that did not come with them LL rear suspension but I tow a boat a lot in the summer time and would love to not have a saggy ass.
Any one know about this or got the parts numbers for the 2015-17's?

awideen

Reaction score

Hey David,
Did you ever have any luck with this? I have a 15 XLT same thing came with standard struts looking to change to air suspension.

Thanks