Hunting for bugs in our new-to-us 2014 EL Ltd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They aren’t hard to unload you just have to find someone who needs a truck based SUV. From 03-17 they’ve been the same and the same people want them.

I meant the 15+ looks & new engine AND the rollout of a 4th gen.

Its a newish truck that cost a ton of money new... But appearance wise it is 1.5 generations dated

Me I'd certainly get an identical older year for 3-10 grand instead or go Navigator or add a few grand to get a 15+, also lots of people would prefer to lease or finance an '18 instead of buying a 14 with cash. Thats GOT to depress the resale value, no two ways about it

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant the 15+ looks & new engine AND the rollout of a 4th gen.

Its a newish truck that cost a ton of money new... But appearance wise it is 1.5 generations dated

Me I'd certainly get an identical older year for 3-10 grand instead or go Navigator or add a few grand to get a 15+, also lots of people would prefer to lease or finance an '18 instead of buying a 14 with cash. Thats GOT to depress the resale value, no two ways about it

I’d have no problem buying a 2014 if i were in the market. The 14’ is a good bang for your buck and it’s still fresh and newish. The 15 and up units depreciate at the same rate as the 07-14, i see 15’ and 16’ ones all the time for $30,000 and under. Leasing an 18’ will run you over $600 per month and buying your going to be $800-$1,000+ per month so you’d have to have a lot sitting around lol.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d have no problem buying a 2014 if i were in the market. The 14’ is a good bang for your buck and it’s still fresh and newish. The 15 and up units depreciate at the same rate as the 07-14, i see 15’ and 16’ ones all the time for $30,000 and under. Leasing an 18’ will run you over $600 per month and buying your going to be $800-$1,000+ per month so you’d have to have a lot sitting around lol.

Im just addressing the "image factor".

Its a good truck, but visually identical to something that you can get for 3 - 6 grand. Functionally too, at least for now.