I kicked the butt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Habbibie, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Habbibie

Habbibie Legendary Member

Cigarette butts that is, recently I switched from smoking cigarettes to vapes, I used to smoke a pack a day... maybe a little more at occasions, been a month since I last smoke a cig and here's what i noticed the few but obvious differences are

1. Vapes cost a LOT less than cigarettes... after the initial buying of the starter kit.

2. Vaping I noticed makes me hungry the more I smoke it, cigarettes did the exact opposite of that and they quenched my hunger

3. Obviously the smell and ash related to cigarettes is no more but filling the vape tank has proven to be a messy situation at times too.

4. When I'm drinking I think a cigarette hits better still unless you turn up the wattage & temps on the vape but you'll burn the coils quick and those are too annoying to replace.

5. My smell sense is back and I can tell you one thing... i never knew my work truck smelled like purple power degreaser until recently lol.

6. I feel better overall... more energy and better stamina and I noticed I'm more awake in the evenings than when I smoked cigarettes

Overall I'm saving an average of $36.20 a week now... based on 8 packs a week of cigarettes @ $7.40 a pack.
    That's $1882.4 saved a year if I keep at only using the vapes at the current pace on smoking them.

I used to smoke menthol cigarettes and the vapes are very customizable to the point that I was able to replicate the exact same hit on the vape as the cigarettes tasted and satisfaction.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts...

Anyways who here smokes or vapes?

2. stamp11127

stamp11127 Super Moderator Staff Member

Are the munchies from the "green leafy substance" flavored oil?

ChrisOIFdoc and jeff kushner like this.
  3. Habbibie

Nah never had any of those "leafs" or oil flavored to replicate it

4. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Elite Member Supporting Member

Great habit to kick

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  5. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

Congrats, quitting smoking cigarettes was the hardest thing I've ever done, period.

Did seem to re-acquire an old habit in Jamaica last summer....but it will never stunt my growth!

jeff

6. 07xln

07xln Full Access Members

You haven’t quit anything. You’ve simply traded one vice for another.

You’ll soon find out your vaping more then you were actually smoking. You’ll soon become one of those people that think it’s ok to vape in places your not allowed to smoke. Nothing like someone blowing their cotton candy breath cloud in your face. Study after study is showing that now more than ever smoking among young adults is decreasing yet vaping among teenagers is on the rise. Anybody that thinks this is ok should be ashamed. Study after study is starting to show that vaping ain’t all that great for you.

So I do applaud you giving up smoking. But I don’t applaud you for swapping it with vaping.

7. Habbibie

Please present me with those studies that you are referring to, link them to your post I'd like to see the magnitude of studies on the same single subject you're emphasizing on repeatedly

ChrisOIFdoc likes this.
  8. gixer2000

gixer2000 Retrofit or Bust Supporting Member

I quit smoking 3 years ago with vaping. I still vape on occasion(sitting in traffic) but 0mg Nic. It worked for me and I hope it helps you. You No longer get the tar and all the carcinogens as smoking so all the "vaping is just another habit" people should focus less on the habit and more on how much better for you it is vs Cigs.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Habbibie likes this.
  9. Habbibie

Yea I'm pretty much on the same boat as you now, I've strongly reduced the vaping down to just sitting in traffic and if I start getting sleepy behind the wheel, I didn't intend to quit smoking or vaping but the vaping killed the taste for the cigs and after a while I was chain vaping and it started getting me all light headed and I ended up kicking that habit too now, I never wanted to quit smoking or vaping to be honest it just happened naturally which is nice non the less.

So in turn props yo you too for quitting!

10. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members