I phone wont repair upon start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this or can give me an idea of how to fix it.
I had to do a factory reset per Ford customer service to fix a hot spot not working issue. Since then my Iphone will not reconnect automatically when I get in the truck and start up. It will connect but I have to do a search and go through the whole process of finding bluetooth device with password and such. I didn't have to do that before. Once I had the phone save, it would just reconnect automatically. Is there a setting that I am missing in the 2020 Expy limited or is it my phone? Thanks for any insight.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First of are you using the factory sync update, or did you use a 3rd party update like Cyan Labs? If you are using a 3rd party installer, you may have to redo the installation.
If you have not done so, right after you reconnect and pair your phone, remove it completely from the car and try repairing it again to see if it fixes the issue.

OP
OP
VBreithaupt

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No it was just a system reset from the trucks menu. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried what you said and if the car isn't turned off it will repair after I return with the phone, but if it is shut off it will not pair when I start it up. It doesn't even list or store the phone. I have to go through the whole search process again.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you did a factory reset, all your settings defaulted to the factory settings. I would go through each page and check your settings to make sure all that pertain to phone, WIFI and bluetooth are set correctly.

OP
OP
VBreithaupt

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I will scroll threw them all again. I was on my phone with Ford when I did my reset? maybe I need to do another reset with the phone not there.

OP
OP
VBreithaupt

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that seems to work. For anyone else who was following thread. Pair the device and then leave vehicle, come back to it and allow to find it again. This seems to fix the issue when you turn the car off and then restart it and it wont find it.