Ideas to make '14 Limited look a little different.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like the stock look lately (had my days of body kits and fancy lighting) but want something to make the truck look just a little different that won't break the bank. Ive only added tint so far but I wanna be able to tell mine apart from other one in a parking lot.
Something subtle enough that someone not owning an Expedition probably wouldn't notice.
I was considering new headlights but everything I find is kinda over the top. Maybe LED tail lights...
What ideas you got?

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking about blacking out my grill.. there are some inexpensive total replacements on fleabay or I could get a stock grill and plasti-dip/glossify that.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of wrapping my chrome grill to match the pearl white. Always kinda liked that look better. My 08' had it and loved it. Much easier to clean and didnt have to worry about water spots either.

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy is in my profile pic. I'm on the fence about blacking out the grill because there's SOOOO much chrome on it. I do need to get the wheels refinished because the chrome on them is badly corroded - so I'm turning over the idea of a near-complete blackout to include the roof rack, door handles and the emblems on the tailgate. Even thought about removing the emblems completely. Just not sure though.

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have thought of blacking out the handles, roof rails, and the rims... i don't have the chrome grill but have thought of black mesh.. the idea of such openness in the grill with debris having access to the radiators...scares me a bit..lol

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I should get some new photos up because my profile pic is two expeditions ago lol
Ill find out monday what itll cost to wrap the grill to bring it back to the Pre-Chrome grill look.

the idea of such openness in the grill with debris having access to the radiators...scares me a bit..lol

I like the look of the newer grills and appearing to have thinner cross bars but am not willing to go thru all that to get it on my truck

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cheap:
LED plate lights
Plastidip your grille
Vinyl wrap your fender flarey trim piece thingies

Pricier:
Headlights
Wheels/tires
Replace running boards with something