Ideas to make '14 Limited look a little different.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the polished billet grill. I also added the rear chrome trim from the 15/16 to my tailgate. Yes it's a stock part but I think it looks far better than the original

View attachment 20040
Yes that does look good. Looks like mine now. How does that attached to the liftgate? Did you move the window release button to under the "N"?

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also added the rear chrome trim from the 15/16 to my tailgate. Yes it's a stock part but I think it looks far better than the original

View attachment 20040

I love this!!!! Exactly the type of thing I was thinking. Ive always frowned upon making a vehicle look like another model or something it's not, is subtle enough and looks so much nicer.
Did you get directly from ford? How much? And how is it attached?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Yes that does look good. Looks like mine now. How does that attached to the liftgate? Did you move the window release button to under the "N"?
It attaches just like the stock trim except you need to drill 6 holes in the liftgate for the extra push pin fasteners. I also needed to remove the stock badges that were in line with the moulding. The wiring required a little more work. The plate light sockets are not the same so you need the wiring harness. Took like 2 hours to get the whole thing done but worth it. The glass release is now under the N and my aftermarket camera fit right into the factory socket on thr moulding

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I love this!!!! Exactly the type of thing I was thinking. Ive always frowned upon making a vehicle look like another model or something it's not, is subtle enough and looks so much nicer.
Did you get directly from ford? How much? And how is it attached?
I found this on eBay for $100 and the harness cost me $35 from my dealer. Fastening info I posted above. From the dealer this trim is like $500 so wait it out and find it used

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
If you need me to dig up part numbers for this stuff let me know but I'm in vacation and dont have it handy. I did also have to swap the plug on the harness for the one from my 07. Very simple job and would draw up the changes I made if you need me to

IGoDwnTwn34

Reaction score
I have an Expy 13, Ive changed all lighting to LED. Upgraded the original 20 tires to 22s and ordered/installed the Platinum level rims.