In need of a new SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlike our pal ExpeditionAndy up there I drive mine. I got mine in September and just hit 7k miles on it. Its a damn good truck
I'm semi retired so I don't have to do the daily commute routine any more. I teach part time for Harrison College online so I work from home. My wife and I will make two or three trips to PA this summer that's about 1500 miles both ways each trip. By the end of a year of ownership I'll have 7000 - 8000 miles in it. :D

OP
OP
H

hunter991

Reaction score
Its good to hear. I have been researching the tahoe as well. many people reporting too many issues so now i am really interested in the expy.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its good to hear. I have been researching the tahoe as well. many people reporting too many issues so now i am really interested in the expy.

Really?

I've piled on ~7k trouble-free miles on my used Expy this year so far, but I had been eyeing the possibility of a Tahoe PPV as a next project truck....

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what he is referring to regarding changing the dash backlight. Here is the old dash"backlight"
007-ford-expedition-xlt-2wd-suv-instrument-cluster.png

Here is the new "backlight" What a difference a light bulb makes, huh?

new-2017-ford-expedition-limited4x4-8545-15525394-24-1024.jpg

Tough to get a dealer to let you do a 3-4 day unlimited mileage test drive, so my advice would be to rent one and see if its right for you. Hitch up your boat and take it for a drive. A potential $500 rental mistake beats a $50K purchase. Not sure where in Wisconsin you are, but most Hertz locations have an Expedition on the lot, as do some other agencies.

Zero issues with my 08, same with my other Fords. If I were in the market for a replacement, I'd personally wait for the 2018.

Well whatevs.... was green, got blue

OP
OP
H

hunter991

Reaction score
Really?

I've piled on ~7k trouble-free miles on my used Expy this year so far, but I had been eyeing the possibility of a Tahoe PPV as a next project truck....

Yah, i really like the new look of the Tahoe/Yukon, but owners are complaining of shaking at high speeds, buffering noises with the windows closed and overall low quality. Was even told by an owner that he plans to trade as soon as the warranty is up like he always has and that its a good practice. I usually drive my cars for a long time (hence the 2010 sequioa) so i need a vehicle that is of a higher quality. And when we are talking about 60k or more, i would expect there to be quality.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yah, i really like the new look of the Tahoe/Yukon, but owners are complaining of shaking at high speeds, buffering noises with the windows closed and overall low quality. Was even told by an owner that he plans to trade as soon as the warranty is up like he always has and that its a good practice. I usually drive my cars for a long time (hence the 2010 sequioa) so i need a vehicle that is of a higher quality. And when we are talking about 60k or more, i would expect there to be quality.

Oh we have buffeting noises too

And no ******* cabin air filter

Imho TOTALLY not worth 60k lol... buy used

PS then again, unlike the Tahoes, we at least don't have uphill wheelspin getting misread as imminent rollover causing catastrophic airbag deployment in a perfectly fine and upright slow-moving vehicle with just some loose gravel under a tire

Last edited: