In search of FORScan mods - 2021 Exp Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingkase

Reaction score
I'm looking for the following changes on my 21 Exp Limited. Any help is appreciated.

-Disable Auto High Beams - I use the auto headlights feature, but I want to control high beams manually.
-Disable Handsfree Liftgate sensor - I want the liftgate buttons to work, I just want to disable the foot sensor so it quits hitting me in the head when working near the hitch. I have seen the physical mod where the antenna cable is disconnected, is this the best/only way?

thank you in advance,
KK

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can disable auto high beams in the instrument cluster, it’s just a setting that can be unselected.

Best way to disable the foot activated lift gate is the physical modification.

OP
OP
K

kingkase

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Apex! I found that setting about 5 layers deep in the menu. One issue solved.
I'll have to find a dry day during my holiday break to lay down under the bumper and perform the antenna removal.

OP
OP
K

kingkase

Reaction score
Today I found a decent afternoon to be under a vehicle.
I used the help of the post https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/rear-hatch-operability.37909/page-2#post-328138

The antenna plugs into the receiver on the side. I was able to remove the antenna wire out of the back of the plug (remove the small purple clip on the plug) and then reinsert the plug to keep the receiver clean. Then I put a ziplock bag over the antenna wire and taped it up onto the receiver cover in case I should ever want to reverse this and restore operation.

I highly doubt it.

Pictures provided for those that follow a similar path.
KK

Attachments

• IMG_6088.JPG
    IMG_6088.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6087.JPG
    IMG_6087.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 12