installing running boards on 2002 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigchoochoo

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help with an install of running boards from a 2002 factory running boards. I have the brackets but not the bolts. Does anyone know the correct size for these. Also I have noticed that I might need to drill some holes and probably tap factory drilled holes, does this sound right to anyone that has done this project before. Any help is appreciated.

gkelly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed Eddie Bauer running boards on my xlt and everything bolted right up the bolts screw into metal clips that have threads ...I have a shit load laying around if you need some let me know

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed when I took them off my 99 there were at least two brackets with two holes and only one on the frame rail and therefore one bolt. Take that for what it is worth. It was only the top of the brackets. Those things were on there good so if I put them back on I am not very concerned