Instrument cluster swap

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by Jeffrey Falkner, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Flexpedition

Flexpedition Full Access Members

iDatalink Maestro. It interfaces with and displays OBD2 goodies onto certain Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer head units.

There was some talk on an F150 forum about developing a solution to make the iDatalink Maestro compatible with the Ford Pioneer and Clarion OEM navigation units. Not sure what ever panned out.

2. LokiWolf

LokiWolf Full Access Members

The F150 Display into the Expedition would not be any easy swap. As we are discovering when attempting changes via FORSCAN, The Expy is missing several modules that the F150 has.

3. ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy Supporting Member Supporting Member

@LokiWolf is it possible that the the code is still available just in different modules?

4. LokiWolf

LokiWolf Full Access Members

Might be. Just makes the process a real pain. I know one guy who swapped the euro display into his Edge, and it looks great, but he spent some SERIOUS time getting the programming right.

5. ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm still looking into the auto fold option and I have the code that you change in the the DDM and the PDM and I'm wondering if I found that code like 740-xxxx -xxxx whatever in another module if it would mean the same thing or if they are just arbitrary numbers.