Insurance Costs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok now that we beat the MPG discussion to death and some wonder why we buy these trucks then measure our MPG's etc. (I would suggest we are educated consumers who look at a total value equations)

In Michigan with AAA (we are a no fault state) insurance on a 18 Expy Max Platinum will be approx. $1,600 per year. Been with them for 40 years with great record, may have to give an on line outfit a call. Have my motorcycles with progressive. My former 2007 Denali was approx. $1100 per year. South of us in Ohio, I know car insurance is perhaps 60% of the cost in Michigan

Reaction score
Ok now that we beat the MPG discussion to death and some wonder why we buy these trucks then measure our MPG's etc. (I would suggest we are educated consumers who look at a total value equations)

In Michigan with AAA (we are a no fault state) insurance on a 18 Expy Max Platinum will be approx. $1,600 per year. Been with them for 40 years with great record, may have to give an on line outfit a call. Have my motorcycles with progressive. My former 2007 Denali was approx. $1100 per year. South of us in Ohio, I know car insurance is perhaps 60% of the cost in Michigan

I'm in Michigan also. Mine is going be about $145 month. My 2010 was $136. I'm in my early 40's and have another vehicle, a home, a rental and a boat all bundled together. From what I can tell from talking to others, that's not bad at all for a brand new luxury SUV. It's because of Michigan being a no fault state we get ripped off badly. I would save about $150 if I pay in full. May go ahead and do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stating premiums is pointless without including coverages.
Navigator 4x4 $792 every 6months $250k liability $500k per accident $100k property damage $10k med $500 deductible and $100k uninsured. I’m in GA.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same coverage as Artie except I’ve got $5k for medical. I pay $1018/yr here in the great state of Texas.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had been paying 998 per year for full coverage for my '03 Expy and my SLK230....when I bought my '17, it went up 489 bucks.

I have 9 vehicles insured through Geico....the rest are my bikes.

jeff

Reaction score

Did a little more research and Michigan requirea at least $500,000 in Personal Injury Protection. No other state is even close to that. This adds about $500 a year to my premiums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk