Intake systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm now convinced you just like hearing yourself talk or in this case reading your own posts. You basically just reiterated what I said. I said that the gains aren't enough to feel but there are still gains never the less.

The F150 video what is that? That doesn't prove anything accept you can make more power with a tuner which again I never disputed.

Jeez every freakin thread on this forum turns into a damn argument. OP asks if anybody is running a intake then all the sudden all the financial advisers come out and start telling the guy how to spend his money.
I was replying to Neilster1 comment.

In my mind, a 1% or 2% increase doesn't make sense to spend the $400 price tag, and believe me I have researched this for my own vehicle. Adding another $500-$600 for a tuner and now I've spent $1000 not counting time to install to gain maybe a 10% HP increase. I almost did it on my 05 because there would have been a noticeable difference but then decided to trade it in and buy the 17.

The second video showed the difference between an EB F150 with a CAI with and without the tuner. The first graph showed the difference between 87 octane and 93 octane without the tune and the following graphs showed the difference between HP when the tune was activated.

No arguments, just expressing my opinion like everyone else here. Any opinions are like ******** everybody has one.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too twisted 07......everyone is just trying to provide info. No one wants to pony up a few hundred bucks "because they heard...." only to find out...."this is crap, there's no difference". That's all.

Best auto/truck mod of all time as far as bang for the buck has to be the large crank wheel I bought for my car so the supercharger would spin faster. Cost was $820 including the different sized belt but the result wass 25-30HP AT THE REAR WHEEL! That was the cheapest $ per BHP I ever got for a car or truck. That's why I like bikes.....very cheap to go deadly fast!

jeff