intech 5.4 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad8314

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 99 Eb ,4r100 with a 5.4 that is pretty tired and will either need a rebuild or an engine swap.

I have access to a 2003 5.4L intech that is complete with harness and ecu.

I would just go with a 2v replacement for simplicity but currently there isn't any decently priced ones around here.
I can get the whole intech setup for 500$

I've done quite a few engine swaps on imports but this will be my first engine swap on a domestic truck.

I have found some info on swapping in the navi engines on a few places but nothing complete in one post.

so from what I have pieced together so far

-engine it self should bolt in with maybe slight mods to the y pipe?

-either use the Navi ecu and reprogram the p.a.t.s or use the expy ecu and get it tuned (expy ecu would probably be easier)

-use the Navi engine harness and ignition/injectors or use the expy harness with expy ignition/injectors.
Cannot use the expy harness with the navi ignition without modifying the harness. (coils reversed polarity)

Is there any benifit to switching to the navi ignition and wiring?
since I have both I could use either method.

On one site I saw something mentioned about having to swap the oil pan and oil pump pickup but I only saw this on one site.
Can anyone confirm if there is clearance issues that would require using the expy pan and pickup on the navi engine?

-transmission should bolt up fine.

does anyone see other issues or have anything to add?

Thanks in advance.