Interior lights staying on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cleatus

Reaction score
I have a 98 expedition. This started with a problem blowing fuse 14. The power windows wouldn't work.

I unhooked the back switches for the windows. With a lot of trying couldn't get the fuse to blow by running the front windows but know the interior lights won't go off. The only odd thing I did will searching for a probable cause. The overhead light has been sketchy for a while. The little printed flat wire contact thingy was kinked up and broken so I unplugged it and took it out. Can't find a replacement except for a possible junk yard donor. I also sprayed some silicone spray in the drivers door hinge detent, the door was creaking. I don't think there are any switches in there. Since then the lights stay on. The running boards are not lit up and the door is ajar light is not on. I thought possibly a relay might be stuck but I do hear and feel them clicking. I had a spare head light switch and switched it and it still stayed on. The manual interior switch light had no bearing on the lights. Anyone have any ideas.

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a problem with my interior light staying on, sprayed in the door latch, really well with WD40, and it took care of the problem both times this happened. Make sure u do both front doors, or all 4, u never know which might be sticking, but do them one at a time to see if u can pinpoint the problem door. Mine was the drivers door.

Screenshot_2017-09-12-23-35-14.png

OP
OP
cleatus

cleatus

Reaction score
the lights started going out with the door closed when I replaced the little copper ribbon in the overhead lights but it still blows fuse # 14. I'm going to try to separate circuits on the battery saver to try to find out what is blowing the fuse.