"intkey could not program" message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been having an issue recently with one of my keys. Occasionally when I try to start the expy the security light in the cluster will fast-flash and she won't start. Remove the key, re-insert and she will start right up. Occasionally when she starts I'll see the message above, seems not to affect anything.

Any ideas? Bad key, or bad PATS receiver?

Thanks..

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my first idea is what year is the expy

If you are not having this problem with your other key I would say that PATS isn't the problem.

However if your having the problem with all of your keys then it could be the keys or PATS

OP
OP
Neilster1

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2013 limited.. sorry, thought I had that in a signature.

I'm going to run on the other key for a while and see if the same happens.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I used Forscan to program new keys for my 07. I also bought 2 cheap keys from eBay for $12 that work flawlessly. Might be a good option to try if it continues to only happen with 1 key

McMullen

Reaction score
Well my first idea is what year is the expy

If you are not having this problem with your other key I would say that PATS isn't the problem.

However if your having the problem with all of your keys then it could be the keys or PATS
Hey! So my 2010 expedition xlt has also been doing this. The light will flash and it won't let me start it. I'll pull the key out and hit the unlock button twice and most of the time it will work after but sometimes I have to disconnect the battery, wait a few min and try again. We took it to Ford and they programed a new key, then they said it was probably the transponder so they replaced that, and it's still doing it. I can't afford to keep guessing especially paying the prices they are charging. Do you have any suggestions or ideas?