Is Ford going to fix their website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed fordparts.com is virtually unusable since they redid it? For example, for steering parts the catalog shows 1 available part for my truck, yes ONE. Used to show hundreds of parts and if I type in a number such as my tranny dipstick I ordered a while back the catalog says the part is non existent. There is practically no parts available for order on the site anymore and th search function is horrendous.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
That's the "updated" version. I think it's the biggest pile of crap and wont use it again till it's fixed

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My steering damper/stabilizer is going bad and I can't find the part number anywhere for a replacement. Steering is getting loose. My only option is OEM as the only aftermarkets are $400 a piece so I need to get a ford number. I haven't crawled under but I'm assuming we have these, my wheel is kinda loose and over bumps its starting to decide where to go on its own

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looked, my truck doesn’t have one that would be why I can’t find it! I’m a genius!guess I’m going to test the ball joints and front end parts for play tomorow.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
My steering damper/stabilizer is going bad and I can't find the part number anywhere for a replacement. Steering is getting loose. My only option is OEM as the only aftermarkets are $400 a piece so I need to get a ford number. I haven't crawled under but I'm assuming we have these, my wheel is kinda loose and over bumps its starting to decide where to go on its own
You have a 2wd model? Looks like that a 2wd option only

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed fordparts.com is virtually unusable since they redid it? For example, for steering parts the catalog shows 1 available part for my truck, yes ONE. Used to show hundreds of parts and if I type in a number such as my tranny dipstick I ordered a while back the catalog says the part is non existent. There is practically no parts available for order on the site anymore and th search function is horrendous.
I've been using www.fordpartsgiant.com. Their prices are pretty good too.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Service is great too. I got some stuff I didn't end up needing from them. They charge a reasonable restocking fee but it was a painless return.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Service is great too. I got some stuff I didn't end up needing from them. They charge a reasonable restocking fee but it was a painless return.
I ordered the chrome mirror caps that are standard on the Platinum - I saved $50 over what my dealer wanted to charge for them, and I ordered several small parts trying to find the correct socket piece that the tail light snaps into. All of that stuff was pretty cheap.