Is Ford going to fix their website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the response I got from their customer service, when asking when the various missing makes and models would be restored to the catalog:

"Thank you for your inquiry on Ford Parts. We are hoping to have the issues with the VIN's and certain makes and models fixed in the coming weeks. We hope that once we get this concern corrected you will find the website more user friendly."

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried to use the fordparts.com website yesterday for the first time. It is terrible as you say. I'm glad they gave me a chance to rate them. Now I hope they listen to why they got a big zero.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Before their ‘upgrade’, it wasn’t the best parts site to use but it certainly wasn't the worst. Now it’s not just horrible to use, it’s nearly unusable so congrats on making all the ‘improvements’. The real sad part is the option to still use the third party sites doesn’t apply to the 2018 models. Tasca and the other parts sites still aren’t showing 2018 models. I politely left my 2¢ with the chat representative about how it most certainly is hurting their parts sales.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Before their ‘upgrade’, it wasn’t the best parts site to use but it certainly wasn't the worst. Now it’s not just horrible to use, it’s nearly unusable so congrats on making all the ‘improvements’. The real sad part is the option to still use the third party sites doesn’t apply to the 2018 models. Tasca and the other parts sites still aren’t showing 2018 models. I politely left my 2¢ with the chat representative about how it most certainly is hurting their parts sales.

True that rcompart, that's what I'm shocked about. They must be losing lots of parts sales. I pretty much mostly buy OEM parts for my truck so it's frustrating when I can't use the sites features..... at least to find parts numbers.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True that rcompart, that's what I'm shocked about. They must be losing lots of parts sales. I pretty much mostly buy OEM parts for my truck so it's frustrating when I can't use the sites features..... at least to find parts numbers.
Seriously give fordpartsgiant.com a try. They have a great search engine and parts lists and the prices are among the cheapest I've found online and certainly cheaper than my local dealer.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously give fordpartsgiant.com a try. They have a great search engine and parts lists and the prices are among the cheapest I've found online and certainly cheaper than my local dealer.

Will do Andy, I appreciate the input and have glanced at it before. I've replaced and upgraded a ton on the expy this last month or two so hopefully I have a good run without doing more to it. I enjoy working on it but a little break is in order. My truck is going in on the 5th to get my bubbling wheel well cut out and fixed then I'm done with the discretionary upgrades for a while lol.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do Andy, I appreciate the input and have glanced at it before. I've replaced and upgraded a ton on the expy this last month or two so hopefully I have a good run without doing more to it. I enjoy working on it but a little break is in order. My truck is going in on the 5th to get my bubbling wheel well cut out and fixed then I'm done with the discretionary upgrades for a while lol.
I know what you mean. I paid $8,000 for my 05 in 2013, and put another $8,000 in it over the next three years. It's nice having a truck that doesn't "need" anything, but that hasn't stopped me from making a few changes. :)

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's fixed at least for my VIN. All the parts and catalog are full again.

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still missing '99 Explorer, '99 Super Duty and '00 Expedition. :|

Hell, '99 is completely missing anything Lincoln.