JLT CAI filter service - how often?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are you liking this intake? I'm still considering one, although to be honest I'm regretting not going for a 7.3L Excursion and might look into finding one still rather than putting any more money into the Expedition.

As for cleaning it, I've got an open element filter on my turbo'd subaru and I usually clean the filter with simple green spray rinsed with water a few times. I do that once a year right around spring.

OP
OP
J

jimpascale

Reaction score
I like it. I can't rave about increased HP because I truly can't feel the difference. I'm not saying it's not there, but I'm a very conservative driver. I don't stomp on the gas pedal! But, importantly, I do get 1-2 more MPG.
If you get it, I checked with the manufacturer & they reco. checking it every 3K miles and cleaning it when the dirt is as high as the mesh, which they say is usually every 5-8K miles.