JLT Oil Seperator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd.... you should see much more antifreeze in your oil, improves lubrication and cooling properties of your oil.... Your head gasket should free flow the antifreeze through to combustion as well to help with a pleasant smell of pancakes and syrup on a Saturday morning.

That's funny.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So fuel percentage is slightly elevated along with most of the metals. Interesting. Would love to see the next lab report Andy. Please post it when it comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will but I still have to put another 400 miles on it that that will take a while because I usually don't drive very far.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get my truck serviced per the schedule and we can compare oil analysis. Will be a couple months at the earliest though. I did put a sample bottle in the back though while I was thinking about it.

-- Chuck
If you contact Blackstone Labs, they'll send you a kit for free, it has a post paid mailing label, a bottle for your sample, so oil absorbent material, and once you have your sample you put it inside the mailer and drop it in a mailbox.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks I have several Blackstone sample kits. For lurkers these are Free and you pay only when the analysis is done.

- Chuck
It's nice that they are only 7 miles away from me so I just drive over and drop off the sample. I worked there one afternoon making up the kits. I was looking for part time work but that wasn't it for me, It was too repetitive. It was a cool place to work and the people there are really very nice.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
This is just one reason I cant buy an eco boost engine, or a Ford now. How can the engineers design a direct injection on a turbo? Ive seen almost a half a quart of oil in those cans at oil change intervals from owners. NFW Im buying a poor design. I would love to see the back side of those valves after 50k miles. Looking at Toyota now. Ford lost me with their abandonment of the v8.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is just one reason I cant buy an eco boost engine, or a Ford now. How can the engineers design a direct injection on a turbo? Ive seen almost a half a quart of oil in those cans at oil change intervals from owners. NFW Im buying a poor design. I would love to see the back side of those valves after 50k miles. Looking at Toyota now. Ford lost me with their abandonment of the v8.

Then go away already.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is just one reason I cant buy an eco boost engine, or a Ford now. Ford lost me with their abandonment of the v8.

5.0 Coyote? Pretty sure Ford has not abandoned the V8. I do think the Eco is better, but still a strong V8. Gets better MPG than Toyota’s bigger V8.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.0 Coyote? Pretty sure Ford has not abandoned the V8. I do think the Eco is better, but still a strong V8. Gets better MPG than Toyota’s bigger V8.

Lol 5.0 coyote, 6.2 Boss, 6.8 Triton V10, New 7.0L yep no V8s from Ford :emotions34: oh and the 6.7 PowerStroke.

Last edited: