JUMPED MY BUDDY'S CAR, NOW A/C IS NOT WORKING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's just to avoid sparking setting off hydrogen gas from battery to explosion but batteries are all sealed nowadays so less of an issue?
Yes. Also, most batteries are remote now, hidden away somewhere. You would hook to a remote positive and any ground, which would further reduce the risk of igniting any hydrogen.

OP
OP
panama

panama

Reaction score
Man,
This thread blew up. Well thanks for all the replies and suggestions. After checking all that could have went wrong, I found that my high pressure line going to the rear ac was rubbing against the frame, passenger side, which over time basically rubbed a hole into the aluminum line. It just happen to leak just after I jumped my buddy’s car.
Without the time to repair myself by removing exhaust and a few more items, it’s at the shop getting repaired. Can’t complain as this beast of a gorgeous vehicle has not given me much trouble in the 10 years that I’ve owned her.
Thanks again for your support!!.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad it was a fairly easy repair. Sometimes these things happen, no way to explain why. The toughest part when I had to try to explain to a customer why we worked on something totally different, and something like this or that happened.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk