Just Upgraded to a 2017 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Make sure you clean and lube the running board pivot points frequently so you'll have trouble free operation!

That's a hand piece of info! Thanks for reminding us Gix! I used to roadrace a Zuk back in the day....a GT750 buffalo. We turned to the buffalo after our Kaw H2 kept fragging. ....still got one, along with my Vstrom....no comp for a Gix but good bikes!

Andy,

Yup, you are flying some very nice planes indeed! That Cessna is almost big enough to carry a small kid<LOL>!

The rear wiper doesn't rotate on my new truck...there is a button and the wiper slides right out away from the connection point of the arm. I posted a pic in the "How To" section.

The tires look very nice, thank for posting the pics! Any difference in road noise?

Here is the factory rear arm on mine:

jeff

20170219_111914_resized.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Make sure you clean and lube the running board pivot points frequently so you'll have trouble free operation!

Thanks gixer. I have picked up on that in a couple of other threads so that is something that I will definitely pay attention to for routine maintenance. I'll look to see if there are any grease fittings on them.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a hand piece of info! Thanks for reminding us Gix! I used to roadrace a Zuk back in the day....a GT750 buffalo. We turned to the buffalo after our Kaw H2 kept fragging. ....still got one, along with my Vstrom....no comp for a Gix but good bikes!

Andy,

Yup, you are flying some very nice planes indeed! That Cessna is almost big enough to carry a small kid<LOL>!

The rear wiper doesn't rotate on my new truck...there is a button and the wiper slides right out away from the connection point of the arm. I posted a pic in the "How To" section.

The tires look very nice, thank for posting the pics! Any difference in road noise?

jeff
Thanks Jeff, I'm looking forward to the time when I can start that big Cessna build. I was going to put a gas engine in it but I'm thinking now that an electric motor with a sound system for engine noise might be the way to go.

That's very weird that they don't lift up. Most of us expect that and I'm surprised there haven't been complaints of people breaking them off. I might have to swap the arm for the one I put on my last Expedition.

These tires are significantly quieter than the Handkooks that came on it. I'd say the noise reduction is 15-20% on the highway. You still hear tire noise but it is significantly reduced and you don't sacrifice snow and ice performance that you would with an all season radial. I really like them. I had them on my 05 and they dress it up and give it a sporty appearance.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
congrats,
we too have a tri color white...would have never bought a white truck, but the interior and EL sold us.
blinded by the center console OH YES..weird.
just broke 9k miles on ours and still enjoy the ride very much

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks powerboatr. I just hit 124 miles today. :) I drove it last night for the first time, I was surprised how bright everything was. I had to turn everything down so it wasn't blinding. The only disturbing thing about my Expedition is how poor the headlight are. I was expecting great performance from projector headlights. I'm going to swap out the bulbs for either HIDs or LED kits.

I was looking for a KR or Platinum but there were non to be found in the local area.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks powerboatr. I just hit 124 miles today. :) I drove it last night for the first time, I was surprised how bright everything was. I had to turn everything down so it wasn't blinding. The only disturbing thing about my Expedition is how poor the headlight are. I was expecting great performance from projector headlights. I'm going to swap out the bulbs for either HIDs or LED kits.

I was looking for a KR or Platinum but there were non to be found in the local area.

you need to have the headlights aimed..ours are fantastic, once the aim was adjusted.
i also hate the BRIGHT green advisory icon to tell you the lights and fogs are on, very distracting, so i cut a piece of xray film to cover them
and weathertech liners all around.

Last edited:

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man every time I see an EL is wish I would have gotten one instead of our standard. Features I wish we had, EL, 4x4, rear load leveling suspension, and adaptive cruise control. Truck looks great tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to have the headlights aimed..ours are fantastic, once the aim was adjusted.
i also hate the BRIGHT green advisory icon to tell you the lights and fogs are on, very distracting, so i cut a piece of xray film to cover them
and weathertech liners all around.
Thanks powerboatr. I'll take it in next week to see if it gets better, because right now I hate them.

I thought about getting the WeatherTech liners but mine also came with a set of factory rubber floor mats in addition to the carpeted ones. We got a set of WeatherTech liners for my daughter's 2016 Fusion, they fit perfectly.

How do they work in the Expedition because they would have to sit on top and can't create dish to contain water or spills?

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man every time I see an EL is wish I would have gotten one instead of our standard. Features I wish we had, EL, 4x4, rear load leveling suspension, and adaptive cruise control. Truck looks great tho!

David, ever since I bought my 05 in 2013 I had wanted an EL. My old Expedition had air suspension and I wish I could have have gotten that on the new one too. That rear load leveling would have been as close to the air suspension that you could get on on a 17. I want that adaptive cruise control too, but it wasn't an option on the 17 either. I guess I will have to wait for the next Expedition before I get that. :(

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
David, ever since I bought my 05 in 2013 I had wanted an EL. My old Expedition had air suspension and I wish I could have have gotten that on the new one too. That rear load leveling would have been as close to the air suspension that you could get on on a 17. I want that adaptive cruise control too, but it wasn't an option on the 17 either. I guess I will have to wait for the next Expedition before I get that. :(

What's funny is I didn't want the rest load leveling because I thought it was air and I didn't want air suspension due to the issues over time it always has. If I would have known when I bought it that the rear load leveling was a special shock I would have bought it in a heartbeat!