Just Upgraded to a 2017 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks powerboatr. I'll take it in next week to see if it gets better, because right now I hate them.

I thought about getting the WeatherTech liners but mine also came with a set of factory rubber floor mats in addition to the carpeted ones. We got a set of WeatherTech liners for my daughter's 2016 Fusion, they fit perfectly.

How do they work in the Expedition because they would have to sit on top and can't create dish to contain water or spills?

We have weather tech in the first row, second row, and cargo area and the fit perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the rubber mats I got in addition to the carpeted ones. I hadn't even known they were back there until my baby found them and showed me. It was an eye-opening experience to see how much dirt, salt & crud gets on the rubbers ones. I had left the carpeted ones in when I first bought it in Nov then remembered I had the rubber ones after the first snow....even in just day to day use the rubber ones get filthy in a weeks time so I leave them in now unless I'm taking my sweetheart out.

Kids are long since grown....I just like having a truck.

jeff

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff, mine came with the rubber mats too. I didn't know they were part of the deal until the salesman pointed them out to me. I was thinking about WeatherTech mats but now that I have these, I use them. I haven't put them in yet but I will probably do that this week.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks powerboatr. I'll take it in next week to see if it gets better, because right now I hate them.

I thought about getting the WeatherTech liners but mine also came with a set of factory rubber floor mats in addition to the carpeted ones. We got a set of WeatherTech liners for my daughter's 2016 Fusion, they fit perfectly.

How do they work in the Expedition because they would have to sit on top and can't create dish to contain water or spills?

ours came with the KR carpeted mats and the all weather ford mats, i put the weather techs on the factory carpet and stored the KR mats and then the rubber ford mats i used on the floor for the third row, between the two second row buckets

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ours came with the KR carpeted mats and the all weather ford mats, i put the weather techs on the factory carpet and stored the KR mats and then the rubber ford mats i used on the floor for the third row, between the two second row buckets
Do the WeatherTech liners channel water allowing it to roll out over the door sill? Since our Expeditions don't have a foot well in the front like cars, I was wonder what the WeatherTech liners did to handle the melted snow or spills.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the WeatherTech liners channel water allowing it to roll out over the door sill? Since our Expeditions don't have a foot well in the front like cars, I was wonder what the WeatherTech liners did to handle the melted snow or spills.

pretty much
let me snap a pic

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
front over laps the sill about 2", would like for it to run aft a bit to catch all the carpet,
rear just comes to the edge, but it has a lip about 1/2" tall, really needs to have some goign aft to catch dirty kids feet, i dont have any kids, but some of my adult friends are less than ept :)
rear cargo mat is the large one that covers the whole rear area

20170227_145716.jpg

20170227_145733.jpg

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i put the ford rubber mat for rear between the rear buckets and the KR rear carpet mat in the third row, have no idea why ford does not put a set for the third row

20170227_152104.jpg

20170227_152133.jpg

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine came with the Ford all weather mats and it was a $75 option. I told them to take em back because I would be getting WeatherTechs. They knocked off the $75 and let me keep em anyways. Now theyre sitting in my attic lol

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine came with the Ford all weather mats and it was a $75 option. I told them to take em back because I would be getting WeatherTechs. They knocked off the $75 and let me keep em anyways. Now theyre sitting in my attic lol
I had bought 3 vehicles from them that week including the Expedition. We were at rock bottom. The Expedition was $100 below factory invoice, and had $5300 in factory rebates.:)