K & N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at my sig....

I run an Allen supercharger on my Thunderbird and they make them for the trucks.

I think Green runs a centrifugal blower. Vortech???

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the way K&N filter are crappy. For a regular engine it could pass but once your turbo or super charged I'd go AFE or something instead.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not necessarily true...

I've been running a K&N in my Thunderbird (supercharged) for about 8 years and in our Expedition for about 4 years. I've properly oiled them and cleaned the MAF's when needed.

In fact, I'd hesitate to use some other brands of filters due to bad construction. K&N makes a good product. I have no experience with AFE, so I have nothing (good or bad) to say about it.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running a modified powerdyne but I had to build my own brackets and machine my harmonic balancer to accept the extra pulley. nobody makes kits for the 03 other than Allen Engine Development. also it looks like most companies don't offer kits for the 2-valve anymore since sales have dropped off.

I am contemplating a twin turbo setup once I get some other projects out of the way.....

Matt R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1