Kewl, got my CCL!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
This took a lot longer to obtain then I thought (CCL: conceal carry licence)

Now I gotta mock up a holster that'll position the weapon between my driver seat and the center console, I'm not planning on ever carrying it on me physically, I just have to go through some super ghetto neighborhoods and sometimes work there too....

If anyone here has a holster for the car interior, please share I want go get an idea of how to go about it

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Now I gotta mock up a holster that'll position the weapon between my driver seat and the center console, I'm not planning on ever carrying it on me physically, I just have to go through some super ghetto neighborhoods and sometimes work there too....

If anyone here has a holster for the car interior, please share I want go get an idea of how to go about it

Where is it going to be when it's in the car and not on your person? If you don't plan on carrying it then you'll want some type of safe to put it in so it won't get stolen. Or just carry it since you have the license.

I use Blackhawk Serpa for my open carry holsters, Blackhawk makes quick disconnect mounts for these that you can mount anywhere and the holster attaches to it. I have one under a coffee table for instance and there is one in my car as well. I rarely use the one in the car because I prefer to reholster my weapon on me as little as possible.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yea I'm not getting a vault, I don't need it. I came up with a design that is spring loaded I just gotta draw it out and make my cuts. Gonna make it out of aluminum mounted to the side of the center arm rest

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score

My friend,
If you need a ccl to carry in your vehicle, then you are living in the wrong state.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
My friend,
If you need a ccl to carry in your vehicle, then you are living in the wrong state.
Trust me I'd leave this broke corrupted state if I could.

Congrats on enjoying FREEDOM!

You have the Utah one that's reciprocal in 34 states?

jeff
Yes & no, no as in there's 26 other states that honor an IL CCL not 34. Utah is one of those 26

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a simple leather IWB holster (old Uncle Mike's open bottom 1911) and slid the clip in between the trim panels on the dash next to the steering column. Its open, simple, accepts all of my handguns (1911,M&P full size, PX4, Glock 19, H&K, Sigs, Bodyguard .380 and others) with no issue. Most have weapon lights and they all fit easily. Simply slide the holster back up and out to remove it (a small screwdriver is required since the clip has the belt retainer on the inside of it). No holes or velcro glue.
View media item 6417View media item 6416View media item 6415
Did the same thing on the wife's Exploder, but it is mounted on the trim pieces alongside the transmission tunnel/center console next to the right knee. To be honest, I think I like that location a little better, but would require cutting/drilling on the Expedition.
View media item 6418

Last edited: