Lack of power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

737jet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Newbie going nuts here...

My 98 Exp doesn't really pick up at freeway speeds. If I go to pass at 100kph, I really have to put my foot into her to make it shift down a gear and then it moves. Even then, it still feels like it's falling on it's face.

Off the line it's pretty punchy. Especially for a 4.6L. I don't know the gear ratio but it is an ex cop truck I think. I found flashers drilled into my signals when I swapped out my headlights. I'm hoping I don't have to change the gear ratio's.

Hoping I could get by with something that might fix the shift points or something.

I also want to eliminate the cats in my truck. Is there a company that makes an offroad y pipe/H pipe?

If I do eliminate the cats, how do I get around the o2 sensors?

Thanks for your help.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
removing the cats may actually hurt performance unless they are clogged. a completely stock engine actually needs a little backpressure to run properly.

lots of cat-back kits available... no aftermarket y pipes without cats though...

Matt R

OP
OP

737jet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I PM'd you a week ago and got no reply so I'll just ask you here.

Yes I want a custom program but how much and how do I install?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry... i think my inbox is screwed up or something or somebody is erasing my messages.....

prices start at 375 shipped

call me i am going to format number wierd so the spammers don't see it. (read between the zeros) 9070903020404030408

OP
OP

737jet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, been out for a bit. So will this program do anything for the shift points in my truck? Reason I ask is because I think my trans might not be computer controlled.

I have another question that is just eating at me. My 98 exp makes 215 horse. The 99 exp with the same 4.6L makes 240 Horse.

What on god's green earth gives that puppy a 25hp boost from the ear before?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes the trans is controlled by the computer... It is an auto right?

In 99 they went to the "performance improved" cylinder heads and cams. That's where the HP bump comes from.

give me a call 979----------324--------------4348 spread the number to keep the spammers away....