Laws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ydopen, they can not ticket you for taking down your rear view mirror as long as you have 2 other reward facing mirrors that are not blocked by something. What is the difference if you have the center rear view mirror blocked by a full load of boxes or not having it at all? This is the same basic idea why full size trucks have to get the mirror extenders for hauling big loads. They have to be able to look around the rear of the trailer.

Depends on state law....

In Illinois the law is 'one mirror capable of vision 500 foot behind the vehicle.'

buildingdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I live in California. Nothing is legal here. front window tint is illegal... even if its clear. don't get me started on catalytic converters.

lve2wheel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ydopen, they can not ticket you for taking down your rear view mirror as long as you have 2 other reward facing mirrors that are not blocked by something. What is the difference if you have the center rear view mirror blocked by a full load of boxes or not having it at all? This is the same basic idea why full size trucks have to get the mirror extenders for hauling big loads. They have to be able to look around the rear of the trailer.

Not true in Michigan. And least according to the Michigan State Police. You have to have driver side mirror and windshield mirror. Passenger side mirror is essensually optional. Unless you are driving a cargo van, cube van, ect. and it was no rear windows. Than you need both driver and passenger mirrors. no windshield mirror is necessiary. At least thats what the cop told me. I'd have to find the written law to verify.

BillAlex

Reaction score
In Arizona, if your window tinting is too dark, they can cite you and you have to go to court. Ticket is $45. If I had just mailed it in, it would have cost $90. I guess there are times to "tell it to the judge".

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Arizona, if your window tinting is too dark, they can cite you and you have to go to court. Ticket is $45. If I had just mailed it in, it would have cost $90. I guess there are times to "tell it to the judge".

The laws here require 70% light transmission through the front side windows. We've had ~18% light transmission on both vehicles for the last 20+ years and never been pulled over it. My wife was cited for it once several years ago after an accident. She said she swerved to avoid a cat and the officer thought she was lying (so did/do I tbh), so I believe he only gave her that ticket out of spite - not because of the actual tint violation. Light bars are illegal on-road here as well unless covered at all times, but it's a rural area and the cops won't stop you for it. There's the actual law and then there's what's actually enforced. Just be sure that you're adhering to the actual law if you're driving around with a pound of coke in the back. :p

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In New York City, a window tint ticket can cost you $370 and get you towed.

Isn't that pretty much the case for any traffic/parking violation in NY? I got a $300 parking ticket in NYC many years ago and I've had speeding tickets cost about the same in NY as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357