LED Puddle Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Platinum, and while every single headlight and taillight is LED, Ford sought to save a buck or two by making the reverse lights halogen. Go figure.
It isn’t just the reverse light. I think the front turn signal is also halogen.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the led lights have led turn signals because they look different than the turn signals on the halogen lights

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered a set, can't wait to install after picking up ours on Friday. Will update after install most likely next week.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t get the old puddle lights out. I feel like I am about to break them. Any suggestions?

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
0D7070D8-A4B3-44BB-9CD9-AE40E6ED7BFD.jpeg
I tried and they won’t come out. Now I think I may have broken one.

This is as far as I get.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried and they won’t come out. Now I think I may have broken one
I ended up breaking the factory lights to get them out. They would pull down such that they were aaaaaaalmost about to come out but I couldn't get the edge to fit through the opening. So i just broke them and removed the pieces. Oh well.

And before anyone says something, yes, I followed the instructions in the video, but it just didn't work out that easily in reality...story of my life: it's never as easy as it seems on YouTube.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up breaking the factory lights to get them out. They would pull down such that they were aaaaaaalmost about to come out but I couldn't get the edge to fit through the opening. So i just broke them and removed the pieces. Oh well.

And before anyone says something, yes, I followed the instructions in the video, but it just didn't work out that easily in reality...story of my life: it's never as easy as it seems on YouTube.
Reassuring but not sure ho break without breaking mirror. Suggestions?