Lets see your dogs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Petrini, Mar 24, 2011.

1. stamp11127

stamp11127 Super Moderator Staff Member

Well this certainly has been a horrible year for me. I'm currently attending to my 17 year old Lhasa Apso who had a massive stroke late last night. I've been up all night trying to comfort him the best I can until he passes over.
    It looked like a seizure in the beginning - foaming mouth, lack of coordination. Then the shaking and uncontrollable shaking & twitching started, lasted 5 hours. Now it is just the twitching as he is winding down. I can honestly say this is something I wish I never was a part of.

Many people say take them to the vet and put them down. I don't have it in me to kill my "children". It would be nice if you would just go to sleep and not wake up.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Bedrck47

Bedrck47 Full Access Members

Stamp
    Feeling your pain All the best to you.

3. stamp11127

stamp11127 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Jake passed away last night.

Prior to his passing he was very lethargic. You could tell by his minor attempted movements when he wanted to reposition himself. While sitting in the recliner I sensed he wanted to stand up & helped him so that he could stand on my stomach. Once he was standing, although shaking some, he proceeded to wag his tail once and pee all over the towel on my stomach. Don't know how to take that, but it is a lasting memory I'll cherish never forget.

R. I. P. my friend.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017