License plate bulb cover removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpav

Reaction score
Ok, so I went to put in some led that I have, and can't get the old covers off my 2006

There appears to be a screw but it is made out of rubber. With a soft washer around it. Unscrew and it doesn't back out. Try the old hold pressure while unscrewing with another screwdriver and still doesn't back out. Same thing on both sides.

What is it that holds these in? Just wondering if I have broken parts or what here.

Thanks,
Josh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
It's one of these screws if that helps , try pulling on the outer washer while unscrewing they'e annoying but sometimes u just have to pull them out instead of trying to unscrew them

how-to-remove-panel-clips-retainers-and-trim-rivets-60970_1.jpg

OP
OP
J

jpav

Reaction score
Helps a ton, thanks. I've had those holding on plastics on motorcycles. Now I know what to have in hand before I yank out the old ones.

Any idea if hole size? There are large assortment kits of these type of fasteners online, just want to make sure I don't miss the size I'll actually need out of the kit.

My guess is they have never been changed, and after my switch to led hopefully never changed again.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can buy a trim removal tool at any tool supply, Sears, ace hardware, etc. I have a snap on one. It looks kinda like a fork that's open in the middle. It goes under the head, and you pry, then poop, off it comes. Sometimes you can reuse, sometimes not.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze