Lift and tires. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here and was told by my younger brother to find a forum. I bought a 2017 expedition EL 4x4 XLT yesterday. Have had two Suburban Z71 and wanted a change. First ford in 5 years. My youngest son said "Dad , why did you get a ladies car?" That did it. I need a lift and tires. I don't want too much just something that says "Man SUV" I drive a lot but don't mind a little road noise. I called a local custom shop and the kid on the phone said they don't make leveling kits for my vehicle. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

IMG_0300.JPG

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Readylift 3/2 lift did my 2016 tri coat white platinum EL 4x4 with it. Check out my thread on this 3rd gen page a page of two back about my experience with readylift 3/2 kit. Gave me 2-1/2" front and 2" in the back IMG_3088.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here and was told by my younger brother to find a forum. I bought a 2017 expedition EL 4x4 XLT yesterday. Have had two Suburban Z71 and wanted a change. First ford in 5 years. My youngest son said "Dad , why did you get a ladies car?" That did it. I need a lift and tires. I don't want too much just something that says "Man SUV" I drive a lot but don't mind a little road noise. I called a local custom shop and the kid on the phone said they don't make leveling kits for my vehicle. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

View attachment 21483
Nice truck! Welcome to the Forum.

Tell your youngest son you'll remember that when he wants to drive it. :D

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never heard that one w/ BFGs on police steelies

2017-09-05 22.46.52.jpg

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A cheaper approach might be to just put more manly tires on the truck, as is. My '17 has Hankook Dynapro AT tires. The aggressive tread looks manly and surprised me the factory put such an aggressive tire on the car standard.

(sorry, can't figure out how to upload a picture of the tires.)

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A cheaper approach might be to just put more manly tires on the truck, as is. My '17 has Hankook Dynapro AT tires. The aggressive tread looks manly and surprised me the factory put such an aggressive tire on the car standard.

(sorry, can't figure out how to upload a picture of the tires.)
Cullinan, click on the button that says upload a file and then find the picture on your hard drive and select thumbnail or Full Image.

If you are editing, click the more option's button, then click the Upload a file button.

IMG_5386.JPG

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20170911_074711[1].jpg 20170911_074722[1].jpg 20170911_074722[1].jpg Thanks, Andy. I was previously replying from my phone and it only seemed to let me add a picture if it had a URL already...

Anyway, here are a couple pics of my tires.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Andy. I was previously replying from my phone and it only seemed to let me add a picture if it had a URL already...

Anyway, here are a couple pics of my tires.

I've done it from my phone but I think I was using a browser instead of one of the apps. I had the Hankooks on mine but I thought they were too noisy so I took them off and put Firestone Destination ATs on mine. They are very quiet on the highway. but with 4WD they are very good in snow and not too bad on ice.

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the Hankooks are noisy, then there must be some fantastic looking, quiet tires out there. I don't find them loud, but maybe that's because I came from a Kia Sorrento and perhaps that conveyed a lot of road noise.

Anyway, I love the look of the Hankook tires and nobody has suggested that I look like a soccer dad.