Lift and tires. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gus Fuller

Reaction score
The spacer lift diminishes handling of your vehicle if your concerned about the freeway and quick maneuvering to avoid an accident and high speed turns/ramps.

I have not experienced any diminished handling (I even mentioned the handling feels tighter, though that can be contributed to the much needed, 4 wheel alignment I got after the install of the lift), at least in my ~1000 miles of drive time on the spacers vs ~2500 miles without them. And most people I know would consider me a fairly aggressive driver when the kids are not in the car, also shown by my current ~14 combined mpg.

Here is a quote directly from ReadyLift's product website:

"
  • Keeps your factory ride - Guaranteed
  • Will never wear, break or fail - Guaranteed
  • Toughest finish – Guaranteed
  • Safest way to lift - Guaranteed
  • Includes lift products for both the front and rear suspension
  • Allows for up to a 35" tire when using OEM wheels or offset equivalent
"

Besides, I doubt whoever regulates aftermarket parts would allow a guarantee like that without some evidence of its truth. But then again, maybe that's just my inexperience and naivety speaking. I know myself enough to admit that I will usually take an authority figure at its word.

But my experience is neither here, nor there... I agree with you that if you want to lift a 15-17 Expedition the "right way", it is going to custom and cost you $$$.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, OP and forum!

I am new posting, but I have been checking the forum out for various reasons over the last 2+ months/3500 miles since I bought my used 2016 XLT EL with tow package, nav. leather... Lots of good information to be found in these forums and lots of people willing to help.

As to your question, I recently had installed the ReadyLift 3/2 (part 69-2070) that was posted earlier with some aftermarket wheels and ~35 inch tires. My setup includes:

ReadyLift 69-2070
Yokohama Geolandar G015 - 285/75-18
XD Series XD820 Grenade 18"

After about 1000 miles on the setup...

Lets see some pictures :)

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Besides, I doubt whoever regulates aftermarket parts would allow a guarantee like that without some evidence of its truth. But then again, maybe that's just my inexperience naivety speaking. I know myself enough to admit that I will usually take an authority figure at its word.

But my experience is neither here, nor there... I agree with you that if you want to lift a 15-17 Expedition the "right way", it is going to custom and cost you $$$.

NOBODY regulates aftermarket parts.

Aftermarket parts guarantees are (sort of) after-the-fact "regulated" by the courts, in the sense that successful suits may encourage companies that survive getting sued to revise guarantees and warranties offerred on subsequent products..

That's .assuming you can find and serve the company successfully (BIG IF for smaller or foreign outfits), and then win your suit (likely prohibitively expensive and utterly futile against smaller companies...though class actions are possible with smash-hit products or huge established manufacturers with assets worth pursuing)

OP
OP
F

Floyd

Reaction score
Well guys no longer a "ladies" car.
Thanks to all of you for the info on lift,tires and wheels. This is what 35" tires on 18" wheels with a ready lift 3/2 looks like. IMG_0330.JPGIMG_0330.JPG IMG_0331.JPGIMG_0332.JPGIMG_0333.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys no longer a "ladies" car.
Thanks to all of you for the info on lift,tires and wheels. This is what 35" tires on 18" wheels with a ready lift 3/2 looks like.
Nice looking truck Floyd. Is some states the cops will write you up if your tires stick out past the fenders and you may need mud flaps if your body is raised above the center line of the hub. I'm not sure if it applies to where you are but in some of the tightly controlled states they love to harass citizens.

Last edited:

Gus Fuller

Reaction score
NOBODY regulates aftermarket parts.

Hey, Adieu.

I understand your sentiment, but I think it is pretty irresponsible of our federal/state/local governments to not regulate the safety of a few $multi-billion(?) industry.

Check out this link and tell me what you think.

https://www.sema.org/federal-regulation-aftermarket-parts

Nice looking truck Gus. Is some states the cops will write you up if your tires stick out past the fenders and you may need mud flaps if your body is raised above the center line of the hub. I'm not sure if it applies to where you are but in some of the tightly controlled states they love to harass citizens.

Thanks, Andy. I live in Los Angeles and the authorities don't seem too concerned about stuff like that. I do plan on installing mud flaps soon, though, since it's going to start raining in a couple of months.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Andy. I live in Los Angeles and the authorities don't seem too concerned about stuff like that. I do plan on installing mud flaps soon, though, since it's going to start raining in a couple of months.
Lots of show cars out there. Did you notice any change in gas mileage?