Lift Kits for 1 Gen Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a 4"-6" lift kit for my 99 Ford Expedition.

I've found a 1999-2002 4WD Fabtech 6" Performance System K2006 lift kit on eBay but at $2500 that's a bit tough to justify.

Any other kits out there?

Thanks for the help,

Alex

OP
OP
A

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks I saw those kits but they rely on replacing the torsion keys which I heard was a bad idea?

Something about added stress on the torsion bars.

Have you used this kit? Any concerns?

On another point the kits indicate they are only for 4WD expeditions, would that be the same as an AWD expedition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No such thing as an AWD Expedition. You have a4wd. Similar, but different.

I got their rear spring spacers and cranked up my factory torsion keys. Replacing the torsion keys allows you to crank the torsion bars higher- which effects the ride even more. Their claim about "maintaining ride quality" is totally bogus. Plus more lift like that puts more wear on your CV joints.

I'm happy with the amount of lift I got. I fit legit 33s (they almost round up to 34) and the ride quality is still pretty good. I think the overall visual proportions of my Expedition are perfect now. Click the link in my signature to see more.

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a 4"-6" lift kit for my 99 Ford Expedition.

I've found a 1999-2002 4WD Fabtech 6" Performance System K2006 lift kit on eBay but at $2500 that's a bit tough to justify.

Any other kits out there?

Thanks for the help,

Alex

No.

If you're looking for out of the box, that's it.

Or,

You can buy a Rough Country lift for an F150 (4"), lift the front suspension, and find longer springs somewhere else to lift the rear 3 to 4".

Realistically those are your two options for a suspension lift.

The rest would be a combination of body lift, reindexed keys, spacers or longer springs for the rear, and playing around with shocks to get the ride you want.