Lift options for'04 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
Hi folks! New member here.
I'm looking for recommended lift kits for my rig.
My goal is a modest increase (3 in?) and larger tires.
Would a body lift be a better way?

Thanks in advance
Fil

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the only options are spacers or "add-a-lift" assembled struts. They have a specific name, but I can't think of it. Hopefully someone chimes in. You can get a spacer kit, 3" front, 2.5" rear, on eBay for about $70.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

cb540

Reaction score
I think the only options are spacers or "add-a-lift" assembled struts. They have a specific name, but I can't think of it. Hopefully someone chimes in. You can get a spacer kit, 3" front, 2.5" rear, on eBay for about $70.

Are the knock-off spacers you get on ebay any good? Most retail spots I've seen, quality spacer sets go for about $300-$400 for front and rear. I'd love to lift mine a few inches for better clearance in the woods, especially the creeks.

OP
OP
PHIL CLACK

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
Are the knock-off spacers you get on ebay any good? Most retail spots I've seen, quality spacer sets go for about $300-$400 for front and rear. I'd love to lift mine a few inches for better clearance in the woods, especially the creeks.
I've no idea how the quality of the eBay knock off stuff measures up.

BekahT

Reaction score
From what I understand this old (mine 05) the body mount bolts could break off in the body. Could be rusted ect. I opted this way but was advised against it.

OP
OP
PHIL CLACK

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
From what I understand this old (mine 05) the body mount bolts could break off in the body. Could be rusted ect. I opted this way but was advised against it.
Good point. Mine is a central California truck with 90k miles and never driven on salt so rust is non existent.

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear set look good to me, though I'm no metallurgist. I would say though that with the 10.9 studs, they are plenty strong.f857b536e787d69f7ac57033b4816a67.jpg

SVTExpo

Reaction score
I did the bushing type lift from eBay. It worked. 2.5 rear 3 front. The truck still doesn't sit even but I'd say the quality is ok.