Lift options for'04 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the eBay $100 lift/leveling kits.
I got the same one in the picture 3.5/2.5

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cb540

Reaction score
Are you guys in the woods with those kits? I'm sure on pavement you probably wouldn't notice much of a quality difference. The reason I was asking is most of the kits I've seen are made from a hard plastic and not metal, so my biggest concern is the repeated impact of dirt road, off road and through-water driving causing them to possibly crack? I'm still a noob at suspension work so idk if I have a legit concern or not

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you guys in the woods with those kits? I'm sure on pavement you probably wouldn't notice much of a quality difference. The reason I was asking is most of the kits I've seen are made from a hard plastic and not metal, so my biggest concern is the repeated impact of dirt road, off road and through-water driving causing them to possibly crack? I'm still a noob at suspension work so idk if I have a legit concern or not
I got the metal 3.5/2.5 kit . I live in the sticks/backwoods and I love trail riding and mud bogging. Everything that I bought for my Expedition is to be used. My Expedition isn't a highway Queen.
IMO.. The metal kits will last longer than the poly/hard plastic kits.
If u just wanna lift it and ride pretty then the hard plastic will do but if u want something more durable that will c a lot of off road then I'd say the metal

Clint Cardwell

Reaction score
I just put a set on mine off of eBay and they seem great very well crafted and seem.strong. Has anyone ever tried to put f150 lift keys in the torsion bars

OP
OP
PHIL CLACK

PHIL CLACK

Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions and bearing with my noobness.
With a 3" lift, what tire size is optimal?
This is on stock 17" wheels.
Looking to get practical ATs like BFG, nothing special.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions and bearing with my noobness.
With a 3" lift, what tire size is optimal?
This is on stock 17" wheels.
Looking to get practical ATs like BFG, nothing special.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
With 3.5/2.5 u get get as big as 35's which is what I got.

cb540

Reaction score
I got the metal 3.5/2.5 kit . I live in the sticks/backwoods and I love trail riding and mud bogging. Everything that I bought for my Expedition is to be used. My Expedition isn't a highway Queen.
IMO.. The metal kits will last longer than the poly/hard plastic kits.
If u just wanna lift it and ride pretty then the hard plastic will do but if u want something more durable that will c a lot of off road then I'd say the metal

Thanks for the advice. I'm with you, mine isn't a highway queen. I sold my highway queen (2004 mach1) to get this expedition to take it in the woods, my sig pic was taken at our camp site. ~ 5/6 miles into natl forest, have to go through creeks and all to get there so I'll definitely stay metal when I get my kit. That's actually the main reason I want the extra few inches, for a little extra clearance when the creeks are up

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm with you, mine isn't a highway queen. I sold my highway queen (2004 mach1) to get this expedition to take it in the woods, my sig pic was taken at our camp site. ~ 5/6 miles into natl forest, have to go through creeks and all to get there so I'll definitely stay metal when I get my kit. That's actually the main reason I want the extra few inches, for a little extra clearance when the creeks are up
And I ordered the 3.5/2.5 kit off eBay for $100 bucks and its doing good .. So don't waste your money on other brands for $300+ when the $100 eBay kit does the same thing..

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just received my 3.5/2.5 lift from eBay. Was excited to see them but when I started looking closer they didn't measure up. Am I missing something? I sent a message to the seller to see what's up.

File_000.jpeg File_001.jpeg

Judge Mills

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just received my 3.5/2.5 lift from eBay. Was excited to see them but when I started looking closer they didn't measure up. Am I missing something? I sent a message to the seller to see what's up.

View attachment 19409 View attachment 19410
I think I remember reading in the description that because of geometry, the spacers aren't the height of the lift...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk