Lifted Expeditions of EF.com (picture post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of the lift completed, finished it yesterday only took about 4 hours, it’s a custom 1.5” body lift with a 3.5”/2.5” level

WOW!! Looks awesome! What made you decide to cut the spacers in half? Just a height thing or were there some obstacles that made a 1.5" lift easier?

I want to remove my running boards but I already need to give my 85 year old mom a push on the backside to get her up into the Expedition when we go to dinner :).

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW!! Looks awesome! What made you decide to cut the spacers in half? Just a height thing or were there some obstacles that made a 1.5" lift easier?

I want to remove my running boards but I already need to give my 85 year old mom a push on the backside to get her up into the Expedition when we go to dinner :).
I cut them in half for exactly that, easier. If I did the 3” a lot of thing would need to be moved and changed and the 1.5” body lift kind of let keep most things stock which was nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cut them in half for exactly that, easier. If I did the 3” a lot of thing would need to be moved and changed and the 1.5” body lift kind of let keep most things stock which was nice

It's a pretty popular thing to do with the similar gen explorer guys for the exact same reasons, and keeps the costs low. Half dozen pucks and maybe a few bolts? Lot of gain for a few bucks.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty popular thing to do with the similar gen explorer guys for the exact same reasons, and keeps the costs low. Half dozen pucks and maybe a few bolts? Lot of gain for a few bucks.
Oh yeah I think for the blocks, labor cutting them properly, and the bolts I’m all in for less than $150

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh yeah I think for the blocks, labor cutting them properly, and the bolts I’m all in for less than $150

You'd have been in another $100-250 for that extra 1.5" So definitely saved a buck.

Looks really good!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks man.

More photos...

IMG_20171111_091104.jpg IMG_20171111_091114.jpg IMG_20171111_091122.jpg IMG_20171111_091133.jpg

Tire guy sold, mounted, balanced, installed my spacers and wheels for $200+tax. Told me he had fun, so him and the guys got a case of beer.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Good move!

Was just wondering what all moved up and what stayed down. Radiator up while engine stays down? The steel bumper underneath the plastic must stay down, right? But the entire front shroud/grill goes up?

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good move!

Was just wondering what all moved up and what stayed down. Radiator up while engine stays down? The steel bumper underneath the plastic must stay down, right? But the entire front shroud/grill goes up?

So radiator would go up, fan would stay down. Bumper mounted to frame would stay where it was, fenders/grille would go up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01