Light bulb size interior and exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riccoh

Reaction score
here is what I found:
Be aware that some of those are wrong, I just switch my instrument cluster with the 194(5 needed)/78(4 needed) bulbs from autolumination.com because I prefer the blue insted of the green lights on the dash, also the 194's fid the steps (4)and the ac panel (2)as well. as for the instrument panel only 5 are 194's all others are 78's and the fog lights are 9006

1998 Ford Expedition Replacement Light Bulb Size Guide

Low Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9007
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9007
Parking Light Bulb Size: 3157NA
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157NA
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3157
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3157
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: 912
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: 9145
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 194
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 3156
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 194NA
Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 194
Map Light Bulb Size: 578 or PC579
Dome Light Bulb Size: 579
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 211-2 or 906 or 916
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 578
Under Hood Light Bulb Size: 912
Instrument-General Light Bulb Size: 161 or 194
Check Engine Indicator Light Bulb Size: 194
Seat Belt Indicator Light Bulb Size: 194
Brake Warning Light Bulb Size: 194
Directional Signal Indicator Light Bulb Size: 194

Last edited:
OP
OP

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here is what I found:
Be aware that some of those are wrong, I just switch my instrument cluster with the 194(5 needed)/78(4 needed) bulbs from autolumination.com because I prefer the blue insted of the green lights on the dash, also the 194's fid the steps (4)and the ac panel (2)as well. as for the instrument panel only 5 are 194's all others are 78's and the fog lights are 9006

1998 Ford Expedition Replacement Light Bulb Size Guide

Low Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9007
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9007
Parking Light Bulb Size: 3157NA
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157NA
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 3157
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3157
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3157
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: 912
Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: 9145
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 194
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 3156
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 194NA
Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 194
Map Light Bulb Size: 578 or PC579
Dome Light Bulb Size: 579
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 211-2 or 906 or 916
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 578
Under Hood Light Bulb Size: 912
Instrument-General Light Bulb Size: 161 or 194
Check Engine Indicator Light Bulb Size: 194
Seat Belt Indicator Light Bulb Size: 194
Brake Warning Light Bulb Size: 194
Directional Signal Indicator Light Bulb Size: 194

Wow, thanks! Where did you get the 78 bulbs from I don't see them on the autolumination.com website. I haven't taken out my instrument cluster yet as I wanted to have the bulbs in hand to replace them. I was going to do the white or Amber if i could get all of the "green" lights off of my dash :).
I hate the fact that my High beam indicator is the same color as my other gauges. Do you know what type of bulb the indicator lights take (High Beam Indicator)? Also is the climate control lights on the gauges and the 4wd switch 194s? Also, with the rear climate and radio controls, are they 194?
Thanks for this correction and the count of bulbs to convert the dash lights in 1st gen expys. I would have been pissed if I ordered them and they were wrong.

Last edited:

riccoh

Reaction score
from autolumination, I used their #192 and #74, not 78 because I couldn't find the 78's but they fit just fine..
1. the issue with that dash is the film they use on the back of the face of the gauges, that is the limiting factor..
A. since it's blue I went with a white bulb and will still show blue (beter than green since is easier on the eyes)
B. as far as the indicators go, some are yellow and some are red and there is nothing you can do to change the color unles you take the whole thing apart and change the silk screen
2. if your truck is equip with a PATS system be carefull not to disconect the instrument panel as you probably wont get the truck to start after that.
A. when you disable the pats before disconecting the battery and discharging the capacitor it has.. it a security issue and the PCM will disable the vehicle and that is a dealer program item.
3. as for the AC contol panel it also uses the 194's (2)
4. I don't have a 4x4 so dont have any experience with that.
all the warning lights on the instrumetn panel are #74(there are like 16 of this ones) all illumination lights are 194's (only 5 of this)
5. I haven't move to the back controls yet.. So i guess wil find out in a couple more weeks since I've been busy messing with the busas to bring them up to speed
Good luck

OP
OP

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from autolumination, I used their #192 and #74, not 78 because I couldn't find the 78's but they fit just fine..
1. the issue with that dash is the film they use on the back of the face of the gauges, that is the limiting factor..
A. since it's blue I went with a white bulb and will still show blue (beter than green since is easier on the eyes)
B. as far as the indicators go, some are yellow and some are red and there is nothing you can do to change the color unles you take the whole thing apart and change the silk screen
2. if your truck is equip with a PATS system be carefull not to disconect the instrument panel as you probably wont get the truck to start after that.
A. when you disable the pats before disconecting the battery and discharging the capacitor it has.. it a security issue and the PCM will disable the vehicle and that is a dealer program item.
3. as for the AC contol panel it also uses the 194's (2)
4. I don't have a 4x4 so dont have any experience with that.
all the warning lights on the instrumetn panel are #74(there are like 16 of this ones) all illumination lights are 194's (only 5 of this)
5. I haven't move to the back controls yet.. So i guess wil find out in a couple more weeks since I've been busy messing with the busas to bring them up to speed
Good luck

Ok, I will go with the white ones for the dash and AC. Guess I will have to deal with the High beam indicator. The lights and 4x4 switch should be ok their stock color, blueish/Green. And yea I have PATS, Thanks for the info. I probably would have disconnected it.
Thanks again.

jayhawk2014

Reaction score
I don't suppose you have any pictures of what it looks like now do you? And does anyone know about replacing the running board lights with blue bulbs?

Alwayz

Reaction score
I don't suppose you have any pictures of what it looks like now do you? And does anyone know about replacing the running board lights with blue bulbs?

Buy LED Strips from Ebay, route it under the car, might have to drill, it depends. I was thinking about doing that too, but after i get a full LED conversion first.

riccoh

Reaction score
i can take some pics tomorrow night and I did also replaced the running board lights with the same 194 white bulb and gives that hint of blue when the doors are open.. I'll post some pics soon

Alwayz

Reaction score
i can take some pics tomorrow night and I did also replaced the running board lights with the same 194 white bulb and gives that hint of blue when the doors are open.. I'll post some pics soon

looking forward to the pix..:D