Lug nut insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best way is to take a sturdy flat head screwdriver I've found and bash it with a hammer out toward the edge then bang it inward and pry to rip the coating off.

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah the stock ones are cheesy,especially up here where we have a lot of road salt to rust the crap out of everything. They usually bubble under the cheesy chrome cap.snafu..

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also was not aware the wheel speed sensors are not replaceable. Me and my buddy broke both off in the bearings heading to ford now to get so new bearings.

Edit: they were just rusted into place drive screws into them and wack it will break apart then pick pieces out. Thought I should try that before buying bearings

IMG_0200.JPG

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Currently replacing my lug nuts with solid ones. This is what you have to do to at least one just about every time you remove gen stock ones.
That IS insane, now I understand the previous comments about lug nuts. That is NUTS!
I gotta see if my nuts are like the on my 2014 and replace them if the case. I just had my tires rotated yesterday and I see dents in the top end so I think they are. How could lug nuts NOT be solid? I'm amazed. Plus just noticed the paint starting to bubble on my hood. Garbage.

NUTZ lawsuit ---> http://www.autonews.com/article/20170825/OEM01/170829821/ford-sued-over-inferior-design-of-lug-nuts

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That IS insane, now I understand the previous comments about lug nuts. That is NUTS!
I gotta see if my nuts are like the on my 2014 and replace them if the case. I just had my tires rotated yesterday and I see dents in the top end so I think they are. How could lug nuts NOT be solid? I'm amazed. Plus just noticed the paint starting to bubble on my hood. Garbage.

NUTZ lawsuit ---> http://www.autonews.com/article/20170825/OEM01/170829821/ford-sued-over-inferior-design-of-lug-nuts
Fakey covers have been in use for a long time.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today's been a day lol. Last night I met my dad and a few others for beer and wings. My dad called and said he was sick this morning..... mid way through this fiasco out in the driveway I start feeling strange and puking lol. Now I've been hugging the toilet all afternoon. Looks like the expy is gonna wait for the from sensor till the morning. We noticed the wings were oddly cool when we got them yesterday but they were cooked, guessing they were re heated bacteria ridden garbage.