Mach Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuntmanisme

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specs on the Mach Audio System, like ohms and watts per channel and the subs size and watts, and amp location. wanting to upgrade it all at one time but want to make it look/sound good

thanks

KingRL

Reaction score
I dont have the information you need but I would be interested in your old speakers if they are still good. Thanks. If so, send private message.

firemann32

Reaction score
Originally posted by stuntmanisme
Does anyone know the specs on the Mach Audio System, like ohms and watts per channel and the subs size and watts, and amp location. wanting to upgrade it all at one time but want to make it look/sound good

thanks

Same for me...I blew my stock sub the other day (speaker foam seperated from the actual speaker) and I wanted to keep the stock enclosure and just add a new speaker. I used to be into huge systems but I just wanted to leave this stock. Well the only sub that my local shop had in stock that would fit was a 4 ohm Memphis 8, they said "this is what we put in the stock boxes". Well I put it in and it sounds terrible, way worse than factory, no punch at all. I'm looking for some help now for stock system specs.

Whats the ohms of the stock sub?
Whats the output (watts) of the stock amp?
Which wire is positive and negative on the amps output?
(black w/white dashes has small spade terminal, Solid black has large spade terminal) I've swtched them and it sounds best with the black w/white hooked up positive

Does anyone know if theres an aftermarket amp that will fit in the stock location?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
well I can tell you that your Memphis sounded like crap because Memphis is crap. Im bing to ld just about any 8" sub will fit..personally JL Audio and Kicker Comp VR come to mind if youre looking for deep bass and keep the enclosure...Im about to start the same upgrade that youre mentioning...

Reaction score
my concern is the area where the sub is mounted. Most subwoofers require a sealed enclosure to perform well in limited space. So the question I have is is the area where the factory sub is mounted sealed? As for worrying about a new sub fitting, Im gonna measure the area with a tape measure and compare with the size of the sub I choose before I buy...So if anyone has the amplifier specs for the Ford Mach system sub amplifier in a '99 Expedition Eddie Bauer I could really use that info...thanks!!

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my concern is the area where the sub is mounted. Most subwoofers require a sealed enclosure to perform well in limited space. So the question I have is is the area where the factory sub is mounted sealed? As for worrying about a new sub fitting, Im gonna measure the area with a tape measure and compare with the size of the sub I choose before I buy...So if anyone has the amplifier specs for the Ford Mach system sub amplifier in a '99 Expedition Eddie Bauer I could really use that info...thanks!!

Yes the sub enclouser for the 1st gen expy's is a sealed enclouser, and you will actually have to pull the box out to get the factory sub out of it because they have a bolt holding the back of the sub :mad: which you will have to plug so that it stays a sealed enclouser. As for any of the Mach amps, if you try to upgrade speakers on the stock amps they will sound like crap and will not last very long ( typicall of all factory amplified systems since they usually run 8 ohm setups ).

The best thing to do is get an aftermarket Headunit ( I prefer pioneer and there cd changers fit in the factory location but to each their own ) and a good 4 channel amp for all of your door speakers. Running all new speaker wire to the doors is a PITA but when you are done you will be happy with it. Get some good quality speakers for the doors, you can get the 6x8 that fit the factory locations but they do not sound as good, or you can get the adapter plates for the 5 1/2" seperates and mount your tweeters where you want them. Then get a small 1 channel amp for the sub ( you will probably have to mount it under the second row seat because the space behind the panel is very very limited) and whatever brand sub you prefer. I belive JL Audio even makes a replacement stealth box for the expy so you can upgrade to a 10" sub.

Reaction score
Damn good info...thanks Racenut...Im gonna look 4 that 10" JL Box before I go any further...as for head unit Im looking at Pioneer in dash Navigation units at the moment, I know theres some minor trimming to get the unit to fit flush. Im goona gut her in the spring with new carpet, etc and will be uinstalling new speakers and wire then while I have the floorboard exposed. But for now replacing the sub and looks like getting a mono amp to run it. Any idea of the dimentions where the factory amp sits, maybe I can find a small size amp to just install in the factory spot....

firemann32

Reaction score
I've had that Memphis 8" in my vehicle for over 4 years now and it sounds better than the stock system so I'm completely happy. If I was going to dump another large sum of money into a system then I would have gone with something different but for what I needed, to upgrade the stock blown subwoofer it does that perfectly fine!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni