Mach Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me know how the new mono amp sounds I just left the factory one connected.

If you left the factory amp in you are missing out big time. With just a small mono or even a small 2ch amp that sub will double it's output and make it hit really hard, you would not even belive that it is an 8" sub.

It does take a bit to install it and you will have to mount it under the second row seat because as you know there is no room under that rear quarter plastic, but it is definatly worth the time and money.

Reaction score
yea and funny thing as karma would have it, the factory sub just stopped playing this morning on my way to work lol...I agree with him firemann an aftermarket amp gives a much cleaner signal to the sub and lets it pound much harder with much deeper bass...My plan is to install my Pioneer AVIC 7" Navi in the dash, 7" Pioneer screens in the headrests, Kenwood Excelon 6X8s in all the doors, Kenwood Excelon 1in. tweeters for front dash and rear panels, Kenwood Excelon 150X4 4 channel amp on the door speakers, Kenwood Excelon 600X1 Mono Amp powering a 10" Kicker Comp VR sub, which I was told with minimal customization and removal of the old amp, will fit in the panel where the factory sub sits. I spent less than $650 excluding the Pioneer Navi unit...

firemann32

Reaction score
yea and funny thing as karma would have it, the factory sub just stopped playing this morning on my way to work lol...I agree with him firemann an aftermarket amp gives a much cleaner signal to the sub and lets it pound much harder with much deeper bass...My plan is to install my Pioneer AVIC 7" Navi in the dash, 7" Pioneer screens in the headrests, Kenwood Excelon 6X8s in all the doors, Kenwood Excelon 1in. tweeters for front dash and rear panels, Kenwood Excelon 150X4 4 channel amp on the door speakers, Kenwood Excelon 600X1 Mono Amp powering a 10" Kicker Comp VR sub, which I was told with minimal customization and removal of the old amp, will fit in the panel where the factory sub sits. I spent less than $650 excluding the Pioneer Navi unit...

Let me know how all that works out, I'd like to do a Navi system and screens in the headrests but I don't want to pay someone to do it.

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the stock encloure in mine with and aftermarket Lanzer 8"...seems to work fine and puts out good bass. But the real question is.....can you hook up the factory amp to run that woofer? I have a small amp pushing it right now but would like to put back in my stock deck.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the stock encloure in mine with and aftermarket Lanzer 8"...seems to work fine and puts out good bass. But the real question is.....can you hook up the factory amp to run that woofer? I have a small amp pushing it right now but would like to put back in my stock deck.

Most of the time when you try to use the factory amp for a replacement sub it does not sound right, either the sub is under powered or the ohm ratings are different. I do not have the factory amp ohm ratings but most factory amp systems are 8ohm setups. These sub amps are also famouse for going out and run around $300 from what I have heard.

You do have another option.

If your amp has LINE LEVEL INPUTS you can tap off of the back speaker wires to run the signal to the amp. The bad about this is your system will not be as loud, and the factory head unit actually cuts the bass from the music as the volume goes up to keep from blowing the speakers so your bass out put will diminish as well.

For the best sound I would definatley stay after market on the head unit.

Hope this helps

terry101

Reaction score
Hello,
I needed a new roofing done and I do not know where to get it done.
Can anyone please help me.

tommyarmour

Reaction score
I have some info people have asked for in this thread. I have not had the chance to measure the amp. I still need this info myself.

I own a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer, it has the Mach Audio system and the sub is recently blown, and the stock stereo the screen keeps cutting out (display). This is very very very common for the display to flake out on these stereo's there are numerous thread's on how to fix it and who to send it to for repair.

So these are the changes I have made so far.

With today's day and age bluetooth is absolutely essential. I was shopping craigslist for about a month looking for the right navigation unit with bluetooth, I ended up giving up and installing my JVC KDA 805 head unit. It has bluetooth and usb connections, ipod ready, steering wheel compatible, hd ready.

Anyway this was a pretty good improvement over stock. Yesterday I read forums for several hours deciding on which sub would best replace the stock and still work with the stock amp. Which by the way I found out the stock amp was 85w rms, 150w max and its putting out 4 ohm. I also found out many subs would fit with slight modifications. I chose not to modify at all and just go with a shallow mount sub that is guaranteed to fit:

This is the sub I opted for:

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_113XW8...Shallow_Mount&tab=review#reviewDynamicContent

50-150 rms, 600 watt max at 4 ohm's. Seems as if the stock amp would push this just fine. Sure a aftermarket amp with give better signal but you can fix that with a radio shack item if necessary. Don't get me wrong once I measure the actual size of the amp I plan on replacing it with something that will fit in that space, I want my truck to remain clutter free, no amps, no subs laying around.

I also noticed a slight distortion in the rear right door speaker so I decided to pick up a set of these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136TR570CX/JL-Audio-TR570-CXi.html?tp=93

I will let you all know the size of the amp for anyone else that might be wanting to replace the amp in the same spot the stock one is.