Magnaflow catback 16607 for a '08 for $454.41?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, thats what I am worried about too. Will do some recording before and after, interior and outside.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Magnaflow cat-back on my first gen is great.

Magnaflow is not going to put a product on the market that drones.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought in November and just yesterday I installed it. Do I like it, yes. Nice deep mellow tone idling and if you are accelerating.

Did I enjoy the install, hell no. 4 hours laying on concrete. Biggest ***** was removing the old pipe over the rear axle. Some damn block of steel welded to the tailpipe and had to drag out the reciprocating saw and that was a pain to cut.

Installing new pipe, oh my god, had to lower the rear sway bar, and remove the torque tube that is bolted from the 3rd member to the body. The frame behind the rear end has a very small hole to get up and over.

Oh and Magnaflow does not give you 2 new bolts with nuts to go from the down tube to the muffler and one last problem, one of the two clamps is to small. Not a single parts store has those band clamps in stock. So I bought one off Ebay.

Had a rattle, got under there today and found the heat shield was rubbing the bigger pipe.

I did record the stock muffler sound and I will record the new one and post the video.

Do I recommend this system, yes, but only if you can use a car lift.