Mice inside my 2015 Limited EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I opted to completely remove the rubber flapped air diffusers and installed mesh in their place. Will stuff some insulation behind the mesh to filter dust out.
c1341e41c5ba20f12d0bd013344ebfda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I opted to completely remove the rubber flapped air diffusers and installed mesh in their place. Will stuff some insulation behind the mesh to filter dust out.

Wow that is pretty heavy duty. I sure hope you can stop the problem. Are you parking on concrete or gravel or dirt? you didn't see any little mouse ladders laying beside or underneath your truck did you?
88327355-mouse-carrying-wooden-ladder.jpg

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Parking on asphalt. There’s a field nearby and it seems to teem with the critters. I almost wish I did see ladders....then at least I could see where exactly they were coming in without a doubt.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be glad Ford hasn't gone too green yet. I read and don't know if it's true that Toyota used a environmentally friendly wire coating that attracts mice. The little buggers are chewing up the wiring on their new models. Ouch! That's going to cost Toyota some serious warranty work. I guess the old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" holds true.

https://www.wthr.com/article/13-inv...hicles-attract-rodents-causing-costly-repairs

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ents-Cause-Thousands-in-Damage-418434033.html

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I say spray some peppermint oil in your wheel wells and theyll probably go away

Also, logically, they'd HAVE to go up the lower control arms to get anywhere so start looking there

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fixed the problem. Haven’t had a mouse now in 4 nights. That’s a record. I’m leaving a small cookie on the center console every night as well as a baited trap and nothing. Went from catching 6 mice to catching nothing as of the day I installed the wire mesh. I think I’m good.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fixed the problem. Haven’t had a mouse now in 4 nights. That’s a record. I’m leaving a small cookie on the center console every night as well as a baited trap and nothing. Went from catching 6 mice to catching nothing as of the day I installed the wire mesh. I think I’m good.

YAY! :banana-mario::banana-mario::happy160:

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Wait till the one thats still in there and can't get out starts to ripen up.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s just nasty. If you jinxed me I’ll find you lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members