Middle row, middle seat won’t fold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found the release. It pulls up but doesn’t release. Pull harder and feels like piece want to tear out of upholstery. Didn’t push it. Any guidance on where the piece it should release is? 2016 EL XL 40/20/40 bench.

TK13LG

Reaction score
I have a 2017, so I don't know how different the '16 is from mine. My release bar for sliding the seat forward and back. While the fold latch is a leaver on the top of the seat next to the headrest?

OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, it is next to the headrest but doesn’t release anything.

TK13LG

Reaction score
I'll play with mine this evening to see if I can pick up any ideas.

OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. I have put enough force I fear I am going to break that plastic tab you pull on.

TK13LG

Reaction score
Mine lifts very easy. To me it looks like the lever releases the rod on the backside for the seat to move. I couldn't see where the mechanism is actually connected to release the rod. Maybe someone has the drawings of the connections they could share.

I googled for drawings this morning, but I really don't understand all the mechanics behind the setup to know what to look for exactly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After I tried it off and on over 3 weeks with no luck, probably two dozen attempts. Wife tries and gets it to fold 10 minutes later. After that it folds for me every time.