Most Likely New Expedition Owner Here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phrost

Reaction score
Since no one seems to be replying to my other post, I thought posting it here was more fitting.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Hello all. I recently found this forum, and had a few questions specifically about the 2010 year Expeditions.

I am looking into buying one (XLT I think?) with around 75k miles. I was originally looking at a Tahoe of the same year, but came across the Expedition. In my area, it is easier to find Expeditions with the options that I want verses a Tahoe.

I was wondering, what kind of issues I am possibly going to face when purchasing this vehicle, and possibly if anyone has owned a Tahoe they're comments on the comparison between the two.

J.D. Power seems to have this vehicle listed with a mediocre rating for Reliability, but most of what I have read conflicts with this.

Any help is appreciated!

And yes, I did read the sticky talking about what to look for when buying one but I am more interested in hearing what others have to say in terms of reliability and maintenance cost in the span they have had theirs.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I will give it a shot. But I would guess you already made your decision as this post is old,

I have maintained rigs from all 3 US made manufacturers so have some experience with overall powertrain issues. I have not owned a Tahoe, but did have a Suburban back in the mid 90's.

All of them are more expensive to maintain and keep running then rigs of the past and all "can" have issues even if unique to that particular rig.

By 2010 Ford "kind of" had the issues worked out on the Modular engines, but any of the prior issues could raise their ugly head. And by 10 they had a better tranny.
Of the 3 manufacturers the Fords in my fleet were always the most expensive to maintain and keep running properly.

The Chevy LS engines are superior. They are less complex, make better power, can't seem to kill them and if you ever have to work on them they are much simpler.
Chevy seats are more comfortable IMO and the finish material holds up way better. You will find when looking for a rig the Ford drivers seat often has the cover warn and ripped.

Buy one as clean as possible, and one with maintenance records if you can

Last edited: