Motor blower resistor (front) troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grungemaster

Reaction score
Hi
Wanna test the motor blower resistor to see if it is ok. Anyone done that?? Does anyone know where I can get the diagram for the front motor blower resistor for a ford expedition 2003 mod?

Wanna test the MBR / resistance to see of the resistor is gone or not before ordering new parts..

Cheers
Ivar

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May I ask what its doing? Whats wrong with it?

I dont know of a diagram to test it, sorry...but for the price of one, just get a new one...well for a manual one, the automatic ones arent cheap.

OP
OP
G

Grungemaster

Reaction score
I have lost the fan control. from what I've read myself up to, the motor blower resistor is most often the case. I bought a new one, but still have the same problem. wanna chech the old resistor to see if that actualla was broke or not.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Place on lead of volt/ohm on terminal 1, the other in terminal 2, if reading is infinity replace resistor. Their should be specs in the Ford repair CD, you do own one don't you? Should if your going to do any work on vehicle, clymers and Haynes make a great fire starter!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The black wire pin should be ground, one should be 12 volts coming in , the other 3, low fan, mid fan, and high which should bypass resistor completely. One of the other guys can maybe help beyond that with testing, but besides the ground, I'd test on ohm scale of your meter and see what you get between old resistor, and new.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk