Motor/Pump noise and vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAB1975

Reaction score
There is a frequent noise and vibration coming from the passenger side of the truck just behind the headlight. I can't see it, but I assume it's likely a motor or pump of some sort. While it doesn't seems to affect driving or anything I can see, it seems too often and too loud to be the way Ford made it. I also happened to notice a small pool of fluid in the driveway underneath this area shortly before the noise grew even louder. Thoughts?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would help if you mention what year the expedition is. I hate playing guessing games and I am not a mind reader.

OP
OP
A

AAB1975

Reaction score
Would help if you mention what year the expedition is. I hate playing guessing games and I am not a mind reader.

Sorry, I'm used to posting in the 3rd Gen forum... Mine's a 2010 EL Limited. If it matters, it has air suspension, towing package, and retractable running boards.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still it always helps to state the year of your expy or to have a signature line Takes the guess work out of things and also when I looked at your profile it shows a 2001 year and as a model BMW now I know ford never made a 2001 BMW

What you most likely are hearing is the compressor for the air suspension.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if you had posted in the 3rd gen section it does help to know the year as Ford is well known for making changes from one model year to another model year and even making changes within the same madel year. The 3rd gen covers over 8 years and can get very confusing.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What you most likely are hearing is the compressor for the air suspension.

And re-read the # 4 & 5 post in this thread

Last edited: