Mud flaps for power running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpf903

Reaction score
Has anyone found mud flaps that can be install with power running board without mods to the running boards themselves.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sort of. You can get the standard mud flaps for the trucks without the power step and use a 3/8 spacer on the bottom screw when you attach it. This will give the step adequate space to travel past the mudflap without leaving a noticable gap. Or, get a super cheap set of walmart flat mudflaps and add those to the front wheel well.

I'm using expresso-cheapo mudflaps and trimming them to be almost the exact profile of the running board so you won't even notice them.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of. You can get the standard mud flaps for the trucks without the power step and use a 3/8 spacer on the bottom screw when you attach it. This will give the step adequate space to travel past the mudflap without leaving a noticable gap. Or, get a super cheap set of walmart flat mudflaps and add those to the front wheel well.

I'm using expresso-cheapo mudflaps and trimming them to be almost the exact profile of the running board so you won't even notice them.
Can you post a picture when you finish? I would love to see what you did.

Thanks,

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I drive off-road often, mud guards are very important, especially with the deployable side steps. I used standard molded mud guards in the rear and straight flaps in the front. I will post some photos sometime today, when the frost melts... Altogether cost of about $60 and some self-tapping screws.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I drive off-road often, mud guards are very important, especially with the deployable side steps. I used standard molded mud guards in the rear and straight flaps in the front. I will post some photos sometime today, when the frost melts... Altogether cost of about $60 and some self-tapping screws.
Did you do anything to seal the holes that you made with the self tapping screws to prevent rust?

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I caulked it all off with a decent outdoor black window sealer silicone. The screws generally shouldn't penetrate metal, only the plastic of the outer wheel well molding and the thinner plastic of the wheel well. I used some old conveyor belt that I cut to fit as backing in the thinner wheel well plastic to add some strength. So no real need to worry about metal corrosion installing the mud guards. I sealed them so the backs don't get the water mud lines from leakage. Purely cosmetic and vain, but hey, she is new and beautiful now, wanna keep her looking good.