Mud/Splash guards for 2011 Expedition w/power running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brhulen

Reaction score
Help! Tried the other Forum with no success. Am looking for a set of splash or mud guards for my new 2011 Expedition with the power running boards. Seems as though the MoCo doesn't make any molded ones and the flat style evidently won't fit. Haven't found any after market ones. Would really like to get them on before all the rock chips rather than after. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much! Brett

pumpercaptain

Reaction score
I am in the same boat brhulen. We have a 2010 Limited and it drives me crazy not having SOMETHING to keep junk from splashing all over the sides. I have molded guards from Husky's on my f-250 that I like.

Had a guy tell me to take the end cap off of the running board and cut off the leading edge of the running board and replace the end cap just enough to clear a molded splash guard. I looked at this scenario briefly and that may not be a bad idea as not much would have to be cut off. Haven't had time to really dwell on the fact... keep hoping someone will come out with a molded splash guard that will fit before the sides are all beat up.

JohnA

Reaction score
so no one has been able to solve this problem?

I have a 1/4 mile driveway of crusher run and the d--m stone dust gets between the rocker panel and the the top of the running board. not prepared to excise the end of the running board to get aftermarket guard to fit.....yet!
Surely some one has come across/invented a solution to this by now.

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 1/4 mile driveway of crusher run and the d--m stone dust gets between the rocker panel and the the top of the running board. not prepared to excise the end of the running board to get aftermarket guard to fit.....yet!
Surely some one has come across/invented a solution to this by now.

This may be a bit late, but hope it's helpful--
Ford Truck Mud Flaps And Custom Mudflaps For Trucks I found them when I was doing an extensive search for my own 08 Expy with running boards.

Axle Folly

Reaction score
I happened upon some thin ones at Cabela's. My only gripe is that they have a diamond plate pattern, but that's just a minor aesthetic issue. Come to think of it, that may actually help the flap from looking too scuffed-up as the running board moves up and down (it rubs along the backside of the flap).

I was afraid to extend them too low since the mounting points are relatively high. They knock down most of the big debris, but there is still some splatter further down. However, they don't vibrate while driving (which was another concern I had). It really helps keep the running board clean.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2012 Ford Expedition Limited and at that time the did not have them. I now have a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited and they now have them that work with the power running boards.