Multiple electrical issues....help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you remove the rear wiper motor If you can then remove it but leave the connector connected and try to operate it

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I checked 110 and it has 12.36 to both sides. That is pretty much everything checked today. Now what could it be?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the rear wiper motor and try it while it is still connected.

For your vent windows Have a helper open one of the vents while you are pushing outwards and see if it opens You will need to use a little force but don't over do It

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will try the wiper motor in the morning. I did have a little power to the mirror when I replaced the plug into the switch, but it lasted less than 2 seconds, then nothing. Could it be the switch? Also could the switch on the stalk be bad for the rear wiper? And the left side vent window switch? Everything else in the door is working. Everything else on the stalk is working, including the rear washer. And everything else in the overhead console is working. Thank you for all your help so far. I know i am getting frustrated, but I do feel better crossing off all the stuff we did today. Although now I am pretty much at a loss of what else it could be due to my limited knowledge. I have never even seen this happen in a car before. And I have had plenty.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the rear wiper motor and try it while it is still connected.

For your vent windows Have a helper open one of the vents while you are pushing outwards and see if it opens You will need to use a little force but don't over do It

I don't have a helper unfortunately.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Electrical is easy once you understand the "rules of the game".

For what we are dealing with:
1) It flows in one direction only - known as dc
2) Current (amps) leaves the positive battery post and gets back to the battery by the negative post
3) Positive polarity is +
4) Negative polarity is -
5) Loads are what regulates the current flow in circuits. Same idea as a valve used to regulate flow.

The motors for the mirrors are bi-directional. Swap pos for neg and it turns the opposite direction. Lose either + or - and it doesn't work.

Do you know how to use the meter (dmm) to check for continuity? Also can you read & understand wiring diagrams?

Attachments

• 124-004.pdf
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Stamp. Thanks for chiming in. I haven't read too many wiring diagrams but I am a quick study on most things. I just got the meter and have checked continuity on the fuses. Checked for power at the switches. I am not too familiar with the meter, but I just bought it today. I have never owned one before and this is my first attempt at trying to fix something electrical really. Here is what I bought. If you can tell me what to turn the dial to and where to put the probes, I can follow instruction very well. Bedrck46 has been doing an awesome job of helping so far. Any input is greatly appreciated.

20170311_172428_zpso7ukrkzj.jpg

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know, I didn't think about mentioning it earlier, but the mirrors are signal mirrors and both sides work just fine as far as the signal goes.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You stated earlier that you have memory mirrors.
Look under the drivers seat and make sure all connectors are plugged in The memory mirror circuit goes thru the drivers seat module and they have been known to come unplugged