Multiple electrical issues....help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have memory mirrors. I don't have memory seats either. Would they be memory with signal? I don't have any switches for memory.
I will check under the seat though just to make sure all connections there are secure. Here is what my switch housing looks like.
Switch%20housing_zpshvlkos9w.jpg

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rain is keeping me in today. Are there any grounds under the dash that I can look at?

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to look at the wiper motor and test it. Still hearing the clicking and the motor trying. I did change out my third brake light as the lens was cracked in several spots and i had a couple of bulbs out. All new bulbs went in and I still have one out. Haven't had a chance to test the one unit to see if its bad or not. I have a new wiring harness that came with the new on, but I am not able to find the plug to change it out. I don't want to pull to hard on the existing harness and its in there pretty tight. Any ideas on the location of the plug?

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Bedrck47. Do you know if the headliner is held on with any glue? Or is it just push pins?

TURNERTEAM

Reaction score
I have no power to my mirrors...or they aren't working. The switch does nothing and they were both working when I bought the truck about a month ago. Also my driver rear vent window is not working and I don't hear any sound out of it. I bought a new motor for it, but with all this other stuff going on, I am waiting to change it. The left passenger side opened today but wouldn't close until I turned off the truck and started it again. The rear wiper stopped working again. I changed the motor last week and it worked fine until the other day. Now I don't even hear it trying to run. All my windows go up and down fine from the master switch housing in the driver door. I checked the fuses and they all look good.

Any ideas? Anyone in Central Florida good at this stuff willing to help me out for a couple cases of beer?

I don't want to buy new mirrors to come and find out they still don't have power. The vent windows aren't crazy important, but I have them and would like them to work. The rear wiper is fairly important to me I suppose. I don't use it often, but living in Florida, it would be nice to have.
CHECK YOUR GEM MODULE IT MAY HAVE GONE BAD OR GOT WET IT IS THE BLACK BOX LOCATED ON TOP OF THE FUSE BLOCK BUT IF ITS BAD YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE DEALER TO GET ONE AND HAVE IT PROGRAMMED PROPERLY. SOME COMPANIES SELL THEM BUT THEY ARE NOT PROGRAMMED CORRECTLY TRUST ME I LEARNED THE HARD WAY

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have looked in the footwell and there is no evidence of water any where inside. Would the GEM module going bad lead to each one of these issues? Like the wiper, i can still here it clicking but its just not moving. I haven't had time to really look much the last few days. I will look into it though. Thanks.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good news. I got the rear wiper working. After pulling it out, the motor would just click. Got a warranty exchange where I bought it. Works perfect. Also got the bulb in the third brake light working. Took out the old one and was testing the socket for continuity and power....blew a fuse. Changed the fuse out and tested the bulb and it worked. And lastly, I changed out the vent window motor. Working like a charm now. So now I have left are the mirrors to worry about. I got a new window switch for $7 off ebay and I will test that first before I buy new mirrors. But that will be another day at this point. With everything else working now, I am thinking the motors in the mirrors may just be shot. They are the originals and the truck has 245k miles. And I do have power at the connections as the signal in the mirror work on both sides. Unless there is something else I am missing. Just odd for all this stuff to happen at the same time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357